1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Click Exchanges?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by bloard, Jan 19, 2007.

Was just wondering if there are any "click exchange" groups out there. You know, where I can get people to click on my ads to improve Quality Score and CTR. Would it be worth it to do something like this at the beginning of a campaign?

bloard, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it'd be a waste. You may get a short term benefit but unless you kep doing it forever things would settle where they should.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  3. bloard

bloard Peon

Best Answers:
    But it just seems like in real competitve markets you can't get over the hump when you start by default at result 30 or so. Just thought that if you could get an early QS base, then your ad might get enough exposure to actually earn its keep. Guess there are enough impressions to do this down on page 3 too though. Was just a thought.

bloard, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:

I guess generally spaeking my thought is if your ad/bid combo is not good enough to stand on it's own two feet that eventually it will fall.

You'd have to do the math...but I bet you'd be better off (financially) entering a higher starting bid than you would accruing dozens/hundreds of lower cost clicks from a "click group".

Just my 2 cents, opinions will vary:)

GuyFromChicago, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  5. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've started campaigns in lower than position 10 and ended in position 3 with no increase in bidding. In the end, as GFC says, you get what your ad deserves.

In terms of QS, there are plenty of stories here from people who were at position 1,2 or 3 with high CTR's who have been zapped and asked to bid $5 per click.

If you're in position 20 with low traffic, your ad will still be seen by a few people and it will still get a CTR. If your CTR is higher than the ads around you, google will move your ad a bit higher to see how it does there. If it continues to outperform the ads around it, they'll move it up again, until your (CTR)*(max bid) stops outperforming the ads around you.

Have you been stuck in a very low position for a long time?

explorer, Jan 19, 2007 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.