1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is Wierd!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by D3Si, Jan 18, 2007.

On My site i have Yahoo ads so from last few weeks i have notice that it keep showing me ads about my own city i m from San Antonio, So it keep showing ads from San Antonio Car Dealer ads.. And my site is about Movies and TvShows :|

D3Si, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  2. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting. i have seen similar locale specific ads on some of my sites when checking too. not all the time, but sometimes. of course, i have also seen cities on the complete opposite side of the country and even other countries (canada, uk) show up.

karagold, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  3. kempozone

kempozone Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've read somewhere that YPN is targeting its ads to specific location that your IP is from. Another sign that it is coming out of BETA. On my new sites, YPN is targeting related ads within minutes.

kempozone, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  4. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow thats very clever of YPN, I really want them to go global, then I can apply for them lol

I hope they arn't as strict as Google, one little mistake and Bang!... your banned lol :p

James12513, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  5. kempozone

kempozone Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hear people putting down G alot here. But my experience with them has been the opposite. I've made many mistakes with Google and each time they gave me a chance to fix the problem.

kempozone, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  6. D3Si

D3Si Peon

Best Answers:

All i can say is you are lucky :)

D3Si, Jan 18, 2007 IP
    slava likes this.
  7. joystick

joystick Member

Best Answers:
    I have been seeing locale specific ads since day one--granted that was only Oct 30, but not a new phenomenon in any case. Like Karagold, I also have gotten weird non-locale specific ads, too. So not sure what to make of it. :confused:

joystick, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they are definetely doing something there. I've been seeing that for the past month or so. And NO, it's not a sign that they are coming out of BETA, whoever said it above^^. It's a sign of IMPROVEMENT and new IDEAS.

Red Thunder, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  9. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is testing and feeding localized Ads since the last two weeks.
    I'm actually in Italy, so to see what ads are running on my site, I need to use proxy servers and bypass my geotargeting.
    So if I check my site with a texan IP, I see local ads from TX and they change, according to different locations.
    The bad thing, is that I didn't notice any increment in clicks and earning and most of the time ads are not strictly related to your site content.
    I like the idea tho....

guidyy, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  10. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    I had seen sometimes getting California based ads showing up even though I live in east coast.

digiseek, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  11. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    ads for car dealerships on a website about tv shows is NOT an improvement.

go back and read the first post in this thread.

that is untargeted garbage, what we are seeing here is the result of yahoo not having enough advertisers to cover the sector you are in.

naturally the advertiser pays less for ad placement that is untargeted, which explains the ongoing decrease in epc that yahoo has been giving us.

this is not good.

danimal, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  12. D3Si

D3Si Peon

Best Answers:

Agree with you. Even i have target Tv Ads from Account it still show me car ads :confused:

D3Si, Jan 19, 2007 IP