1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone received mail like this? Request to click ads

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Arnie, Jun 16, 2005.

1. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to believe that anyone would not agree that someone promoting fraud (in this case click fraud) should be reported. It's too bad Enron went 'tats' up, you could have had a job there... you would fit right in...

To not report click fraud because you are not part of Google's PPC campaigns is insane... it just speaks volumes of what type of person you are...

NewComputer, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The adword advertiser is more often the victim of the crime, they are the ones paying for a click that had no intentions to use the service or buy a product.

debunked, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  3. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    something doesn't have to be illegal to be unethical

wendydettmer, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  4. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Originally Posted by itsme

But I think that he's right in this particular case... why? Because this is not a "crime" (you show me ONE conviction and I'll take YOUR side). It is against Google's TOS, yes. Last time I checked Google was not an authority on anything, G isn't the police, gov. agency or anything else.

Hey, it's me, I hate to break it to you but Google is the authority over their own products and services. Penalty for Fraud? BANISHMENT FROM THE PROGRAM...

We are self policing to ensure that the money we put out is going to a proper system. You don't have to understand, but you do have to play by the rules if you want to join in...

NewComputer, Jun 17, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You really just dont get it. Drawing a comparison between Adsense fraud and the coop network is just plain stupid. I could give a rats ass what Google's TOS says about click fraud/Adsense - when I see a violation I report it. It's my money being stolen and I expect I have a stronger interest in protecting my money than Ggoogle does.

The bottom line is that Adsense fraud results in money being stolen from Adwords users. It's not that hard to understand. Go open an Adwords account, turn on the content network and set your daily budget at a few hundred dollars.

After you do that come back in a month and tell everyone how there's nothing wrong with click fraud.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 18, 2005 IP
    NeoGen likes this.
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  7. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    That is a page that Google would not want online.

There are no links to the rest of the site and no 'real' content related to Trampolines or links to pages about trampolines. That should be reported...

NewComputer, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  8. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    vlada,

A snitch is someone who tells on friends or family, or someone they have sworn loyalty to. What kind of loyalty to you have to someone who sends you that email?

Not only is he asking you to help him rip off adwords users, but he's spamming you too!

I hate spammers, if the worst they get is someone forwarding their email to google, then they got off FAR too easy.

(Usually when the situation comes up, the same people who want you to keep to the code and not "snitch" are the first ones to stab you in the back when they get a chance, keep that in mind before you go running around talking and living out some loyalty code that is just a liability for yourself.)

nddb, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  9. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Live and let die, my friends.

When anyone of you reach a single 1$ / day by adsense, light gonna bright your brains, and then, you will find that is better to catch some good ideas, good sites, instead scum of web, and you gonna ask yourself, wow, how I gonna make this too. Life is beutiful, till someone anonymus from end (like someones from this forum who are ready to bet in 5$ that is onlyone person in this world think like me, or call himself a moron.. or whatever) of the world ruin your idea, your work, days and months of hard work, just becouse, he can`t see anything beutiful in that. Some of you are ready to report even school in England, and he live a 3000miles away? For me, this page is under construction. I remember Iraq becouse some most righteous SNICHS was soooo fuc*ing "right" about those nation is treat to the world and should be reported. And look now. Everything is your business?
    And when day come, and someone of you make 10$ / day only thing in head will be how to reach 20$. And time for reporting will be most stupid spent time.

You are so poor in your heads.. I said only thing that is imortant to me is MY WEBLOG. If I found some suspicious visits/click I gonna report it right away. Becouse it is my Backyard. My work. And hunting around the world some bad sites is not my business. I hunt good sites, good ideas.

anyway, I think that lot of people understand what itsme, <margot> and I tried to tell you. I only disagree. I am not telling to anyone what he is gonna do. I only disagree, and I writed down why.

best to all and hope that all of you will be a milionaire

_vlada_, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily do both, and actually, getting rid of the scum makes everything that much more "beautiful";)

GuyFromChicago, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  11. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    You are comparing Iraq to adsense? that is just sad

and it's possible to make money and be ethical...sorry you can't see that

wendydettmer, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    NewComputer likes this.
  12. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    *sigh*

I am not sure, but I think you just admitted that the page you pointed out is your own and is an under construction page. Both of which would be against Google's TOS...

NewComputer, Jun 20, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Lol, NewComputer is aaaa Sniitch (in my best school yard voice) :p

yfs1, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  14. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    I probably qualify, but I think of it like this. Many of you advertise through AdWords on different topics than me. You may or may not visit the sites that have your ad on them. So, if you don't see them, how will you know if someone if doing something illegal and costing you money (and in some cases lots of money). So I have taken it upon myself to let Google know as best I can when someone is taking money out of our pockets...

Snitch, maybe.... Upstanding AdSense and AdWords user, absolutely ... :)

15. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As I posted earlier, I'm a "snitch" myself. Google has set up a system of reporting and I use it. I'm not closing accounts myself and Google isn't closing them based merely on a report. But it does cause them to give a second look and decide for themselves.

The Iraq comparison was at its best - dopey - and at its worst -wildly disrespectful.

yfs1, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  16. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    When you think about how many sites they have using AdSense, there is no way they can track everything that is going on. So, just like the local PD, if I see someone doing something illegal I call them and let them know. It keeps me safe and helps them focus their search for the 'bad guys'

17. bluelarva

bluelarva Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe... I actually enjoy getting these AdSense cheater's account suspended. I report them to Google and couple days later most of them go *poof*. It's like listening to mosquitos getting zapped on those blue bug lamp on a crisp summer night sitting on a porch. Quite satisfying actually... And then these blood sucking pests come here and post how Google is so evil for suspending their account for no reason whatsoever. fryman does his usual "ugg not this again" so everyone gets a good laugh and goes back to working on their site. Did I miss anything?

bluelarva, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Nah, the first 2-3 pages are normally fun when the first poster still thinks he has us fooled, and guys like Freddy Ryman put down the hammer. Normally they get back up for a second just to get knocked over the head again.

Too funny. If they would bother reading some of the already existing adsense threads, they'd know better :cool:

Blogmaster, Oct 30, 2005 IP