1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Method You Use To Get Your 1st ClickBank Affiliate Sale

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by affiliateslittleguy, Jan 13, 2007.

hello everyone,

I just would like to encourage people who just started clickbank affiliate product marketing with some methods which made my first sale on clickbank.

If you have a method which can give/teach newbie who dont have a list, totally no knowledge on how to setup a website,dont know about how to cloak affiliate link and a complete dummy to the word affiliate marketing, share it here.

I have successfully taught somebody described above to made 2 sales in 1 day on clickbank product.

Let's hear from you first. I will be sharing later...

affiliateslittleguy, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. Optimus Crime

Optimus Crime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is going to be nice. I would keep a watch over it. Thanks for starting something like this and I hope a lot of successful affiliates shares tips here.

Stan.

Optimus Crime, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  3. affiliateslittleguy

affiliateslittleguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Come on guys, sharing helps us growth stronger and forges alliance.

affiliateslittleguy, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there's a lot of straightforward methods here. In general, my advice on how to start up would be reading, in forum with a lot of people with serious marketing skills [such as Kyle & Carson at the Wealthy Affiliate] that have proven their knowledge by demonstrating in real life that their tactics really work for anyone.

Then, the strategy, even for a total newbie, is pretty simple.

1.) Learn/understand the basics of Adwords, Clickbank, tracking, & landing pages.

2.) Look for a hungry market with people who have a problem to be solved & money to pay to get it solved.

3.) Find a Clickbank or other affiliate product that meets this need.

4.) Using the knowledge they've read up with on landing pages, use a well-styled, known-converting template, customize it to their audience & Product, and set up different advertising campaigns to hit it.

5.) Track, test, refine adwords & landing page content until the desired minimum positive ROI is reached.

6.) Repeat Step 5.

Alternatively, if the newbie didn't want to risk spending any money with PPC programs, they could use the bum marketing method (article writing & submission), forum marketing, eBook rebranding, word-of-mouth, blogs, or any of the other free publicity marketing methods out there.

To be honest, while there's a lot of smaller details out there, the big picture is simple. A) Find an audience with a need. B) Find a product specially geared for a certain audience. C) Find the most cost-effective way to join the two.

Of course, there's lots of ways people can go wrong in the details - losing a ton of money in Adwords/PPC spend, designing their landing pages to meet the wrong target audience... not using opt-in submission forms, etc... but in general, if you start with a solid view of the big picture and realize all the details from that point on are just tiny facets of the big picture, even the most ignorant newbie, with a little determination could do just fine in the wide world of Affiliate marketing.

The question then of course becomes how do make sure you don't go wrong in the details, and then that all goes back to making sure you surround yourself with an intelligent, knowledgeable community that's there to help you achieve your Affiliate marketing goals. I am now well aware that if I had not found the community I had, I would probably have given up on Affiliate Marketing by now.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

-T

Telmari, Jan 18, 2007 IP
    Surfbay likes this.
  5. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Telmari outlined pretty much exactly what I did when I was starting out. To add a little bit, you can use a free blog as a landing page if you're not ready to invest in a website of your own.

I also like the Bum Marketing approach. I know that some don't. But it's free and it will teach you how to find niches and it will force you to write. You'll need to be able to write so that you can craft effective landing pages, pre-sells, etc.

mike42, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  6. mspace

mspace Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I made my first 3 sales all in one go, affiliate marketing is an exciting thing to learn, when you try different methods for the first time you are constantly hoping you will get that first sale and when it does you will realise that making money online is no longer a dream.

I personally used myspace to make my first 3 sales, I had experimented with Adwords and other forms of marketing but I was left £25 out of pocket and got no sales.

I recommend you read as much as possible before you start, the bum marketing method is a great one because its free, the only problem is that it can be time consuming and some people have difficulties writing a pre-sell.

A free blog is a good tool to use, I use Blogspot and optimise my posts to appear under a search term that has little or no competition.

mspace, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  7. bbc8712

bbc8712 Peon

Best Answers:
    great, what you say is my want

bbc8712, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  8. bbc8712

bbc8712 Peon

Best Answers:
    great, what you say is what my want

bbc8712, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  9. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I made my first affiliate sale with article submission plus a one page mini site. My first commissions was... $250. The forex niche is highly profitabe. You want to try it.

Franck S, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  10. jasondinner

jasondinner Peon

Best Answers:
    I made my first sale by using my autoresponder to follow up with
    the list I was building.

So, sorry, but you really should be building yourself a list. All the
    other methods are good as well, but your list will prove to be a
    huge asset as the months and years go buy.

There's nothing better than knowing that you'll make money any
    time you send an email to your opt-in list.

My advice would be to focus on building a list, and then use your
    autoresponder to follow up with offers for affiliate products.

I know part of this thread is about how we made our first sales
    even when we didn't have a list or don't know how to build a list.

You should start learning how to build a list if you don't know
    how

Regards,
    Jason

jasondinner, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  11. vahsi000

vahsi000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone, I had signed up clickbank about a month ago to trial the so called "affiliate marketing" as a method to earning money instead of adsense. I currently get about 1-2 dollars a month from my gaming website (adsense). I also wrote up a review for a clickbank product, apparently i got my first sale a week later which was $13 (now that i think about it, thats 6 months of adsense money earned in 1 week). Right now i'm really excited as i imagine the possibilities, still there is alot for me to learn. I particularly don't understand some of the jargon used on this thread, like: what is a list?/ opt-in? forex? is pre-sell another word for "pitch"? and 1 last question, i remember reading what the minimum payout for clickbank was but i forgot and now Im looking through FAQ's but having a tough time finding it, do you guys know how much?

vahsi000, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  12. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some1 bought 250+$? lol, also do u have any tools to build a list?

wounded1987, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  13. m0ose

m0ose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing that gets me is how to advertise your affiliate links. How do you put them around. Well, I know how to, but what I mean is how and where do I go to place them. I doubt anything I put on my PR2 blog will generate a sale as most people who visit my site are poor people with no interest in anything but a new guide based on stupidity.

m0ose, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  14. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hate to say it - but poor people are a target audience for such things as loans - or ebooks that will help them get out of debt (obviously, the second is the ethical option).

kh7, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  15. wishmaster22

wishmaster22 Banned

Best Answers:
    I would like to hear the details of building a list.

My hosting comes with an autoresponder, but I have not clue in how to implement it.

Thanks

wishmaster22, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  16. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    list is good only to poblishers? can i, as an affilate offer some1 that he will subscribe to email list? and also how do i use the authorize email , when u subscribe u offen go to email to authorize it , how i do that? Thanks, Robert

wounded1987, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  17. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure would love some tip on hiding my affliate link...the method that is at clickbank, doesn't work on my website?

briguy, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  18. thehotbusinesses@hotmail.

thehotbusinesses@hotmail. Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used article submission to get my first clickbank sale it really help to write an article about your niche and at the end suggest some places (your affiliate site) to carry out the article

19. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used Adwords, though my first sale was a total disaster...

dog_24, Jan 27, 2007 IP
  20. kokopoko

kokopoko Active Member

Best Answers:
    My first sales this year were from Bum Marketing. My first CB sale ever was from a link on a web site I made.

Christine

kokopoko, Feb 11, 2007 IP