1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

infractions for suggesting people use some guys service? this is bogus

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mjesales, Jan 17, 2007.

I just got an "infraction point" for posting that someone should check out multiple article submission sites and mentioned my experience with them.

how on earth is that thread hijacking? there were no links in the post - since umm... i can't post links... there was no affiliate link - as to try to steal someone's sales... rather just some useful advice...

Not sure who the moderators are here... but I guess I pissed one of them off...

mjesales, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  2. tschrock

tschrock Peon

Best Answers:
    I have received a point in the past too, as have many others here. You have 10 of them and as long as you play nice and contribute to the value of the forum while respecting its rules, you should not get anywhere close to the 10 points required to ban you.

Just a hint though... Don't call the moderators names. While there is no hard and fast rule against it, I am certain it does not help :)

tschrock, Jan 17, 2007 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If I offer directory submission service and you post about your submission service in that thread it is considered a thread hijack. The only posts belonging in that thread should deal with the submission service offered in the first post.

If you want to offer submission service, you should make your own thread when you achieve the prerequisite number of posts and have been a member for the required amount of time.

Smyrl, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  4. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You were probably referred to this thread to know why you received infraction http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=216611, if not you can have a look now.
    It says
    A Smyrl already said if you want to offer your own services or anything else, you can start a new thread about it.

Welcome to dp :)

rubeina, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  5. mjesales

mjesales Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't offer article submission or directory submission services. Thus my confusion about the accusation of thread hijacking.

If you read the post - you would see that it wasn't an offer for a service. It was simply a comment about being the recipient of articles from a submission service.

In fact if you read the post - you would see that I was actually suggesting people use an article submission service instead of submitting them by hand to 500 article directories.

Next time before you get all feisty with the accusation of thread hijacking - why don't you read the post.

I don't offer article submission services... thus my complaint.

mjesales, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  6. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Off-Topic :: Theres no point in discussing toooo much for infractions . They are kinda reminders / you dont need to worry about them as they expire after sometime .
    Also , I believe one should not recommend someone's service on other person's thread < same service > unless asked .
    Good Luck ..!!

mixke, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  7. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    and why isn't that hijacking? you basically said "Don't use his service, go to an article submission service instead."

devin, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  8. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is like going to KFC and tell their customer Subways is good for them..

i understand you do it for good, however, you have trashed other's business.

ahkip, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  9. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    It is definitely thread hi-jacking. If someone posts a service and one posts and tell the other members bad things about his service or not to use his service but instead use another alternative/option, that is clearly thread hi-jacking.

jdR!pper, Jan 17, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  10. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    can i hijack this one to say you all look like 8 year old kids? :p

scubita, Jan 17, 2007 IP