1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will someone please explain to me?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by m0rtal, Jan 16, 2007.

Ok so it seems I got dropped as well for some keyphrases like others, fine I can ride it out and live with it...but can someone please explain to me how this website:

pimp-myspace-layout dot com

is outranking me for a certain keyphrase?? This is a fairly competitive keyphrase too... I used to be page one now I'm page 7 but this site is page 6, go figure. And while the site does seem to have backlinks it's nowhere near the number I have.

THERE IS NO FRIGGIN WEBSITE THERE, GOOGLE GET YOUR *#%@ together...and no there isn't a website in the cache either.

Oh here's another great one that's ranking even higher: baltic-clipper.lt/ginff/pimp-myspace.html

and another: fcg-studio.com/jpelh/pimp-myspace.html

And here's the cache of one of them:http://72.14.203.104/search?hl=en&l...lipper.lt/ginff/pimp-myspace.html&btnG=Search

Cloaked? I THINK SO.

Wait it gets better.....guess who's on page 3 for the keyphrase "pimp myspace"? DP that's who, and what's the url?
    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/geovisitors/ :confused:
    What in the world does that have to do with pimping myspace?
    A little frustrated, can you tell :mad:

m0rtal, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  2. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they are spamming, report them to google (just google 'google spam report').

Otherwise: they probably have more relevant links than you do. Or better optimized pages.

I'm guessing your site has something to do with myspace as well? Perhaps they just have more popular myspace layouts? Pimp your myspace is certainly one that I see on a lot of myspace pages. Those are VERY significant (on topic) links in this case.

kh7, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  3. sqeeze

sqeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    Check backlinks of thse sites through Yahoo linkdomain - this way you will find out real nature of these sites, so don't hurry up reporting them as spam.

sqeeze, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  4. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if they aren't spam, don't report them - obviously. That's just a waste of time.

kh7, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  5. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you people even look at the urls?

m0rtal, Jan 17, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  6. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    No. I'm not going to get involved in myspace layout website troubles. The market for those is so full, you have to be remarkable not just to get on top, but to stay there as well.
    Sorry. Do your own research, development and promotion.

kh7, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  7. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your help, NOT. If you don't have something smart to say don't say it. If you're even going to reply ATLEAST read my post properly. And don't act like you know everything and I have no clue what's going on. My Myspace site has ranked for a very competitive term in the top 10 for months. I did not achieve that ranking out of thin air. I can, however, tell you that it disappeared for no apparent reason. There are sites that are outranking me that definately shouldn't such as the ones mentioned. Next time read the post before posting something stupid.

m0rtal, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  8. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry for posting that in public.

kh7, Jan 19, 2007 IP