1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Terrible revenue from high click site. How to improve?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by johan-cr, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I've looked at johan-cr's site, and he's in the clear. Nothing fishy about his ad placement. All clicks seems to be legit, but as I told him, it could be either he's been smartpriced, or probably more likely, his traffic is coming from low-paying countries given the site's topic.

jackburton2006, Jan 15, 2007 IP
    johan-cr likes this.
  2. maryn

maryn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for getting back and letting us know!

maryn, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  3. rapeedu

rapeedu Guest

Best Answers:
    my one site provide free wallpaper download and just $0.01 /click should i happy? :D

Can anyone suggest what kind of content pay enough?

rapeedu, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  4. danbradster2

danbradster2 Banned

Best Answers:
    To have a CTR of 32%, I assume you must be pretty much tricking your visitors into clicking the ads, resulting in an extremely low proportion of people actually purchasing something from the advertiser.

Isn't this exactly why google introduced smartpricing? With you sending such bad traffic to the advertisers, how can you expect high CPC?

If I am correct in assuming that you're tricking your visitors into clicking, you deserve very low CPC. If I'm incorrect and you've somehow legitimately got 32% CTR, then ignore this reply.

danbradster2, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  5. johan-cr

johan-cr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please see information above from Jackburton2006 who has looked at my site.

Also a big thanks to Jackburton2006 for your help.

johan-cr, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  6. atomique

atomique Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard of such high CTR before :D

You will be tagged and questioned by the Adsense team sooner or later. Maybe it will be right before your payment. However I hope i'm wrong.

My suggestion would be to try some affiliate programs and stop dreaming of making $xxx,xxx from adsense over night.

atomique, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  7. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    I have actually already received a couple of payments from adsense already. Some revenue from this site included in that also, but not much.

Earning a couple of $100 bills every month from other sites. Not much but it helps to pay the bills :) If i could just get decent pay per click on this site then i could count it in $1000 steps instead of $100 steps :)

Jackburton2006 gave a suggestion to start monitor which countries my visitors come from, maybe they are comming from low paying countries and that is why i get so low payout per click.

johan-cr, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  8. VamPY

VamPY Peon

Best Answers:
    What can you do if they're coming from low paying countries? and how can you tell which country is a low paying country ? sorry if this is a basic question

VamPY, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  9. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    Not much i can do, but atleast i know why i have so bad pay per click.

Low paying countries, i do not really know, but my guess would be countries outside USA, Canada and western part of Europe. But that is just a guess.

10. fi5hbone

fi5hbone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there Johan,

I just dropped you a pm. I was experiencing some pretty low RPCs recently and I thought of sharing some stuff with you first.

fi5hbone, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  11. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have a football related blog. and i have to say that the cpc is pretty low.

nuruddeen710, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  12. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    So it seems to be the football/soccer theme that makes the low cpc.

Anyone with soccer site that is getting high paying clicks?

13. fi5hbone

fi5hbone Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you get my pm?

14. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, not too surprising. I don't think adevrtisers on soceer will bid much. Anyway, the CTR is fantastic though. Thats about as best you could probably hope for.

qwestcommunications, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  15. VamPY

VamPY Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I actually thought low paying countries or country mainly includes the US and that is simply because soccer is not a big thing over there. But again why would sufers from the US visit the website in the first place.

Well on my soccer website, the CTR is not that good and when people decide to click, I get very small amounts so to me, there is not good side to it.

VamPY, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  16. johan-cr

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Yes i received your PM. I thank you for the offer but I am not so sure i want to give out the url. Let me think about it during the day and i will get back to you.

Once again, thanks for the offer.

17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since the topic of Johan's site is out of the bag, let me just say that I believe the vast majority of his traffic are non-US visitors, mostly because there isn't a whole lot of soccer fans in the US compared to the rest of the world. And making even more conjecture, I'm guessing that because of the focus of the topic, much of that non-US traffic are probably South/Central American. Unfortunately those are very low-paying traffic.

All of that sounds bad, but consider this: soccer is VERY popular, and you are already getting tons of traffic without any advertisement, and your site is still relatively new. I would keep working on SEO, adding content, and soon you'll be doing double digit unique visitors and eventually those clicks will translate into decent earnings. And once your traffic is big enough, you can start branching off, selling soccer items through affiliates that will make you anywhere from 10% to 20% per sale/lead.

Good luck with it.

jackburton2006, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  18. fi5hbone

fi5hbone Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok no problem. You just think about it and let me know. Rest assured that I have no means of wanting to steal your ideas, etc. Just thought that maybe I could give a few pointers considering I've been working for the past month to get out of this slump.

19. internetguy

internetguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding more content on different aspects of soccer. As someone suggested earlier, you could write about soccer shoes and see if you can get ads showing for soccer shoes which may pay more. Or write about soccer vacations (if there's such a thing) and you may get higher paying ads from travel agencies.

You can also try an ad rotator and test different colors for your ads. But it seems that click through is not the problem for you. It's the bids that advertisers are willing to pay for showing on ads on content sites. It could be that based on your location, many advertisers are choosing not to show ads in your country.

internetguy, Jan 16, 2007 IP