1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hit again

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Buckenmeyer, Jan 15, 2007.

Google Traffic returned to normal 2 weeks ago, dropped to about 50% again today, anyone else get hit?

Buckenmeyer, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  2. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm hit by Google very single day:

shift up, shift down. top3, top nowhere. happy seo, sad seo.

that's life. :)

scubita, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  3. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes, my site drop! , now I am getting 0 visits, yesterday I got 2000 unique visits.

Jakomo

jakomo, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No but it is common. It is called Google Flux and it is caused by a competitor getting the edge on you, you being lazy(no offense), or using factors which have recently been disvalued in a google update. Those are the causes of the Google flux.

visio, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  5. Buckenmeyer

Buckenmeyer Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, not 50%, 25% .. its not competitors, or laziness.. its the thing we've been discussing since June 26th of last year. Dips and jumps of thousands of unique visitors from one day to the next. (Not small variations in traffic or 'google flux')

Buckenmeyer, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  6. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Fluctuations are not new. We experience them every now and then. Just make sure that you're doing something to prevent losing you rankings.

jdR!pper, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  7. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:

If you think that page 1 or even #1, and then not possible to be found in 100 pages are something normal, and result of lazyness or competitors, then you have no idea what you are talking about ( no offense ;) )

almir, Jan 15, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.
  8. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But surely, even if a competitor gained edge on you, it does not mean your keywords should vanish from the face of the earth. It should only mean losing a few places, at most.

I agree, even MSN is providing me as much traffic for this site today. Previously, Google probably refrred up to 90% more than MSN.

qwestcommunications, Jan 15, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.
  9. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have a site that has gone to url only on quite a few pages on some of the dc's. Set your settings to 100 serps per page, and do this [site:www.yourdomain.com "www.yourdomain.com"] command on this dc:

http://eo-in-f104.google.com/

Then do the same thing on this dc:

http://py-in-f104.google.com/

Scroll through the results... do they look different from one dc to the other, and if so, how?

-Michael

mvandemar, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  10. thebulltrader

thebulltrader Banned

Best Answers:
    i just ran this and my results look the same for both DCs. what does this mean?

thebulltrader, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  11. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dunno what it means if they are the same, but if they were different (I'll pm you an example) then it could explain the traffic loss.

-Michael

12. dragon321

dragon321 Peon

Best Answers:
    few of my sites are in and out of the serp since june 27, 2006.

these sites are no where in the serps today after good ranking for 2 weeks.

google serp is not as stable as before.

dragon321, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  13. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come on you lot. Get a grip. Google is going through one of its temporary upheavals. Call it flux, call it update, call it hiccups. Call it what you want but wait a week or two and let it all settle down before you panic.

e10, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  14. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is one more reason to have multiple sites. If one gets hit you always have others to get traffic from.

qwestcommunications, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  15. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Btw, what the difference was before is that 15% - 20% of the sites on one of the dc's was url-only listings, which means that they would probably not show up on kwd searches. It does look like the results are starting to come back though.

-Michael

16. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:

I agree, I lost my rankings on 27.12, got them back for few hours yesterday, and then lost again.
    I am absolutelly sure its going to be back.

almir, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  17. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't take offense so I hope you don't take offense to this. If you believe what you just said then your one of those webmasters just asking to get knocked down.

Sometimes it does. It is likely disvalued methods of ranking. It sounds to me like what the majority of these sites have. Its called faulty foundations. This means the backlink structure is not heavily fortified with authority sites.
    If you use excessive forum links, links page, directories, reciprocal or related techniques a fluctuation is also very common. Every month my Google traffic increases. My forum sig traffic and other sources fluctuate but I have so far never seen a decrease in Google traffic from one month to the next. It steadily goes higher and higher. Most of my links are built on linkbait ideas. You need to think of some linkbait ideas. Those are the links that stay forever.

visio, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  18. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    I am happy your SERPs are continue to be more and more good...

And I understand what you want to say, and thats definitelly legit thinking, but I just dont think these last months Google fluctuations are webmasters guilty as Google wants us to think.

Google is telling nothing special is going on, and thats just not correct. This have to be some big alghoritm change or some big bug in their data refreshes/push or whatever called.
    Too many sites are affected, too many good sites are affected to believe in something else.And especially after yesterdays 5 hours changes...Google is definitelly trying to do something, but it doesnt succeed, what s that God knows...and Google of course

I would just like to become stabile...as it is now ( and thats very bad for me ) or to return to situation before 27.12 ( and that was great to me )

And I really believe hard that it will come back

almir, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  19. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is more than flux... Google has been making minor changes in the algo for the past week with the most noticable changes the past two days.

We've had sites come back from the dead... old stable sites loose tons of traffic... I cannot wait until all this boucning around is over.

larysmith711, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  20. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, Smindsrt,

But don't you agree this is exactly the wrong time to panic and make changes?

e10, Jan 15, 2007 IP