1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I love DP Forums, always have, but lately...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JasMate, Jan 14, 2007.

I have been getting infractions for posting the wrong section of the boards and to be honest I don't have a clue why I am getting these infractions. I honestly don't know which section to post some threads.

One example is this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=2108444 I thought that I would give away a free domain, so I posted it in the "domain" section, however I got an infraction saying I should have posted it in the "contest" section.

I find it hard to know which is the best section sometimes as there are so many sections to this forum. I would appreciate the mod/admin telling me the appropriate forum instead of giving these infractions.

I understand there are people that abuse the system and deliberately post in the wrong section, I am not in that category and I secerly hope something can be done about this.

Regards,
    JasMate.

JasMate, Jan 14, 2007 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Infractions simply serve as a notice that you did something wrong (exactly like a PM would, except mods don't have time to personally PM hundreds of people a day). Since you received an infraction, you learned from your mistake and you posted your next thread in the correct forum. See it works ;).

People that abuse the forum, will rack up enough infractions (10) to get banned. If you simply make an honest mistake, infractions will not effect you at all. No need to worry. :)

Check out this thread about infractions for more info.

ViciousSummer, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  3. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I didn't realize it was 10 infractions to get banned. I currently have 4 infractions, I did have more but they have expired. Are infractions automatic or does a mod impliment it manually? Becuase I post a lot and don't always know the right place to post I get into trouble.

I think there needs to be a better system put in place, but maybe that is not possible :confused:

JasMate, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Mods apply infractions manually, but usually infractable (is that even a word :p ) offenses are reported to us by members. If you are having a real problem figuring out where to post things, PM me and I'll let you know where you should post it. Although most of your infractions are for bumping a thread, so...

We are always open to suggestions, just don't suggest that I should PM someone every time they do something wrong. :D

ViciousSummer, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  5. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate. If I have a problem knowing which forum in the future I will definately pm you :)
    I do get in trouble for bumping threads at times which is something I need to be carefull of.

Thanks for your help today ;)

JasMate, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  6. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Giving free Domain of course should be in the Contest Section instead of the Domain section , thats pretty easy to know

FireStorM, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  7. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Infraction is mini PM. Not to ignore and requires no reply. If Iam at doubt about starting a thread in relevant section, I always confirm it through PM to friends before I post a Thread. Things done in doubt may lead to unwanted complications.

ramakrishna p, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  8. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    LOL!
    That's why I rarely start threads on DP {could be a factor}!:D

Richie_Ni, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  9. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like others are feeling my pain, maybe we can help DP get a better system in place. It is not good that a forum is losing out on potential threads becuase of a fear of infraction :eek:

JasMate, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  10. edomainz

edomainz Peon

Best Answers:
    Proves my point - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=219658 !

edomainz, Jan 15, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  11. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:

It's all about decorum. Shawn is in charge here and the mods I am sure know exactly what he wants done. We (as guests) must abide by the rules.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  12. Monty

Monty Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't seems so obvious to me.

And that's true JasMate, I seldom start new thread, but sometimes I want to open one and after wondering where to start it, I just give up :eek:

Monty, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  13. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Generally when in doubt I look around and see where other similar threads are placed. The search feature helps with this.

Smyrl, Jan 15, 2007 IP