1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharing Revenue

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by David-D, Jan 14, 2007.

Ok here's the issue.

I'm creating a website in cooperation with a friend of mine. I do already own a google revenue making website and therefore an adsense account.
    Obviously since my friend has no part of my own website, we will not be sharing the revenue from this.
    However, i've heard about google penalysing multiple accounts.

So do you guys know if it is possible to split the payments to two different bankaccount from the same adsense account?
    And maybe even splitting the google payment from our website in an even 50/50 and paying into two different bank accounts?

Anyone tried this? Or do you simply split the money after they've been transfered?

David-D, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  2. Notorious

Notorious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adesense account cannot be set to distribute payment to different bank accounts.
    you have to split payment manually.

Notorious, Jan 14, 2007 IP
    FireStorM likes this.
  3. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you could both have an account and make the publisher-id's rotate automatically, the way it's done here on DP.

kh7, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  4. Pietercornelis

Pietercornelis Guest

Best Answers:
    It should be said that Google doesn't encourage publisher-id's rotating for the same site.

Pietercornelis, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  5. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, as long as it's simply a matter of some script rotating ad-units (one with one ID and one with another) it's not against the google TOS.

But of course it could be possible to just monthly calculate the money and distribute it by having a URL channel for the new site.

kh7, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rotating the code is one way, but if you want an equal distribution, just use one of your IDs and share the amount equally.

qwestcommunications, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  7. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Best Answers:
    As stated above, you can not have multiple bank accounts payout. And seeing as you already have an account setup on this making money, make sure to use a channel for your new project. If not there is no way to determine where the revenue is coming from. So make sure you set it up using a channel. Then either you can rotate the IDs or simply if it is someone you can work with and trust simply split once payment is made. This is done easy enough once a channel is setup.

Guardian, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  8. autorave

autorave Peon

Best Answers:
    autorave, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  9. chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba Peon

Best Answers:
    But I do not think wordpress allows u to put advertisements unless u buy software from it which provides u technical support to set up the blog. then, only u can put advertisements there.

chamatkaribaba, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  10. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:

Very untrue. Wordpress is distributed free of charge:

http://wordpress.org/download/

and you can put all the ads on there your heart desires, just need a domain and some hosting.

iBold, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  11. Garve

Garve Peon

Best Answers:
    David-D, I asked Google exactly this question.

I have a number of sites I share with someone else, and I've set up scripting to show ads with my publisher id half the time, and his for the rest. We get a rough fifty-fifty split this way, and Google said that was fine.

So, cheekily, I asked another question - since my friend did not have an account at the time, would it be OK if he signed up using a referral button with my publisher ID. They said that this was fine too, so when he made his first $100 I got the same!

Garve, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  12. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rotating adsense would be a lot easier option then emailing google and doing this and that trick :)

Generate random number from 1 to 2.

Which will be one or two :D

Then if one - Show your ads else Show your friends ads.

Nick_Mayhem, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  13. chamatkaribaba

chamatkaribaba Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, I am sorry IBold, What I did was I had one wordpress Blog but they did not allow me to put advertisements there. bUt, one of my friend was putting ad in his site hosted on some domain but facilitated by wordpress via that software. As I could not spend money for my own domain, I moved to Blogspot. So, I thought that we need to by that software as well. Thank you for your clarification.

chamatkaribaba, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  14. David-D

David-D Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, sounds like its either rotating ID's or splitting after payment is done.

Thanks, that's not a bad tip at all :)

David-D, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  15. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that if one person's ID gets all the money, that person will also be responsible for the taxes (and it will make your general income go up as well - giving you even more taxes). Seems better if you can rotate the IDs.

trivum, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  16. David-D

David-D Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point, it's clearly the best and easiest way.

David-D, Jan 16, 2007 IP