1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PageRank Snapshot Date: Oct 15/16

Discussion in 'Google' started by mvandemar, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually we all know when you're shown to be wrong, you like to turn the attention to your opponent or competitor or whatever you want to place here, and take the tact you do in trying to belittle..... and why more often than not I leave you hanging for a civilized reply.

:rolleyes:

Sem-Advance, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not wrong. And you, as normal, are avoiding questions you know will make you lok bad if you answer.

I ask again: Why the hell are you posting in threads that have topics that you have publicly stated you don't care about?

-Michael

mvandemar, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  3. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    I might tend to call that a leap of faith rather that common sense. The assumption you appear to be making is that any and all values that a link may or may not pass are dampened to all things they affect.

A link may pass certain value when it comes to the threshhold that determines how many pages from a site make the RI, another when it comes to ranking, and yet another when it comes to PR.

To assume that all factors are dampened equally, if at all, would be a mistake.

Dave

CrankyDave, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  4. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

Why do you curse when you post?? Can't you at least control your emotions when typing??

I post because the constitution allows me free speech.

You post your view....I post mine.

Hi my friend,

I am speaking only to the fact that a dampened link would adversely effect the scoring in relation to PR. The more dampened links you have the more adverse the effect on your PR.

We know a lot of new links will boost a websites ranking, however this is also usually temporary, after a bit of time, the site drops back down and the webmaster runs into the forums complaining Google doesn't like them ;)

5. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    However, the examples you sited were in relation to ranking and not PR.

Don't assume that because it's possible that ranking value that a link passes may or may not be dampened, that the PR it may or may not pass is dampened too.

Dave

6. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have content that was created Friday 22nd December that shows on the toolbar as PR4.

This has been the most haphazard toolbar update I've seen in terms of the apparently random way that some pages are showing green on the toolbar while others are still showing toolbars as white as the driven snow.

explorer, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.
  7. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a bullshit answer, and you know it. The constitution says nothing about posting in threads that you claim you don't care about. You could equally say "because it's there" or "because I have a keyboard", with the same validity (ie, none). You haven't actually answered. Instead, you tried the same tactics of distraction as you always do.

-Michael

8. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

Hi Dave

I would find it very hard to believe that the accumulation of artificial links could adversely effect rankings, while not effecting the PageRank.

The contradiction in that statement would then discredit the Google PageRank Algorithm. There has to be some PR in order to rank a webpage,
    to say poor link building effects rankings and not PR goes against the whole basis of how the search engine came to be and how pages are ranked by votes form site A to B.

Have to go watch the Eagles win next :D

9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    No actually I posted this time to correct a mistake you made.

Next by your postings above, it is apparent you are reading everything I post ,and seem to have started a collection on your hard drive of my different postings, so that you can try to use them against me. :eek:

I think any reasonable person can see this continued pattern of stalking, and not being able to control yourself while typing a post, and come to the conclusion you have issues that a paid professional could help you with.

I'm starting to think you are becoming a bit unstable.....

10. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    What passes ranking is the text in a link, not the URL. It's the URL that passes PR and not the text. A URL only link can pass PR but but not ranking, keywords in the URL notwithstanding.

My point is to not assume that because one aspect of what value *may* be dampened, don't automatically assume that all the others are as well.

A good example of this would be the "value" that a link passes when it comes to determining how many pages of a site get included in the RI since Big Daddy. A reciprocal link may not be "counted" in the same way it was prior to BD when it comes to meeting the threshold of pages from a site that get included in the RI and how many are supplemental, but that very same "value" is not neccessarily transferred to the other aspects (ranking, PR) that a link passes.

Hope that makes sense.

Philly huh?

GO BEARS!

Dave

mvandemar likes this.
  11. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All of which is yet more avoidance tactics and nothing of substance. You think you're being clever this way, that no one will notice your refusal to answer the question. I've had several people tell me not to bother arguing with you, that you're just to stupid to be worth the time it takes to post a reply, and honestly I'm starting to believe they are right. Congratulations, I normally have more faith in people's intelligence... but you win. Think what you like.

-Michael

12. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

Well there is a bit more to it than that Dave, you have to remember

Number of backlinks
    Approximation of importance and quality
    Citation analysis

As far as anchor text and rankings I agree that this is a needed component, however anchor text annotates the page it is linking to...but the page is what casts the vote hence the term PageRank

It's not link rank, url rank, anchor text rank, but PageRank and ultimately (adding in LSI but thats another topic) it is the pages that are scored, added to RI / Supplemental and what are ultimately returned to the surfer when they click on a link in the SERP to their query.

Well so much for the Eagles eh??

Good luck with Da Bears...I have Gayle Sayers and Dick Butkus throwback jerseys :D and Brian Piccolos rookie card

Sem-Advance, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

I do not see how you collecting my posts is avoidance of anything,

Knowing you are doing this, I am intelligent enough to know whatever I type, you will try to use against me, therefore I do not give you food for fodder and further collection.....a vicious cycle you're caught in.

Next people tell me things too.....however I do not take what they say as gospel, I am intelligent enough to make my own determination as to what is said, and base my opinions on the situation at hand and I am strong enough not to be easily led by others....

Am I clever...I must be....I figured out you;re collecting my posts, so therefore I've caught you stalking me...

And lastly, you are reading all of my posts :eek:

I am not reading most of yours ;)

Peace

Clint

14. CrankyDave

CrankyDave Peon

Best Answers:
    Not when it comes to PR.

A URL only link can and does pass PR.

Dave

CrankyDave, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:

Ultimately you are right.

However PR passes no value to my bank account :p

16. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm collecting them, too... just click here.

NetMidWest, Jan 14, 2007 IP
    mvandemar likes this.