1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[What if] Google Announces Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Google' started by bobisawsome7, Jan 12, 2007.

1. gabrielangel

gabrielangel Peon

Best Answers:
    I would rejoice and enjoy huge profits from my much better positions in Yahoo and MSN aka Live search.

gabrielangel, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. ryukenden

ryukenden Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are other sites like yahoo publisher etc.. It is not the end of the world.

ryukenden, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  3. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    You'd have to go a hell of a long way to live a life more exciting and decadent then the one Heff has had.

Reprobate, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  4. VincentChow

VincentChow Peon

Best Answers:
    No more worries when PageRank is updating

VincentChow, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  5. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd examine what part of the Google monopoly I could most easily duplicate and run hard to release a competing product. I certainly couldn't do a search engine, but an AJAX enabled email, Groups, etc - these are things that folks can still compete against.

edr, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  6. Bluecircle

Bluecircle Peon

Best Answers:
    I would cry because Adwords would be gone.

Bluecircle, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  7. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's se...
    I would stop checking my AdSense every three to four hours.
    I would stop checking my rankings in the Google index
    I would stop checking my number of indexed pages in Google
    I would stop worrying about my PageRank

What would I do with all my time? Please don't disapear Google

miko67, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    D'Godown likes this.
  8. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think you understand exactly what bankruptcy is. When somebody or some company files bankruptcy it doesn't mean they shut down. It means that they are reconciling their debt or not paying all of it off. If you have looked at the G's earnings calls they are not going to be filing bankruptcy any time soon...

Motter, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    D'Godown likes this.
  9. sqeeze

sqeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    History of products and financial empires is always the same. Regardless of period of prosperity they all will fade sooner or later giving way to more powerful and young competitors. There are many variants of crashing and who knows which one is in store for great G?

Anyway, all discussions, which keywords are "what if XXXXXX announces bankruptcy" have same questions and answers for any company. Of course there will be some other company to fight to be leading search provider for millions of users worldwide.

"SEO is dead" is a widespread saying among loosers. Successful webmasters will always manage to find their online Klondike.

sqeeze, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    D'Godown likes this.
  10. duilen

duilen Active Member

Best Answers:
    The search market share would be more evenly divided among the remaining major search engines. This would actually increase the sustainability of many websites relying on SE traffic through diversity. Right now if you are dropped from Google you have no shot of reaching 7/10 searchers. In this scenario if you were to get dropped from the top SE that may only eliminate 2/10 potential searchers.

The same thing would also happen in the case of people relying on Adsense to monetize their sites. Other players would come into the game with more competition potentially increasing your cut per click.

duilen, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    D'Godown likes this.
  11. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just you Motter, that don't quite understand the humorous side to this kind of speculation...:rolleyes:

Of course the entire life that evolves around a concept - or universe - like Google will not be able to just disappear for good overnight. Not without a few replacements coming round to fill the void. And of course bankruptcy doesn't automatically mean that the business concept as it is known will vanish from the edge of the earth.

It is just funny to speculate in "what-ifs", that's all :cool:

/miko67

miko67, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  12. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    It's impossible for google to go bankrupt. They got so much money (cash) that they don't know what to do with it. Plus, their expense compared to their earnings is like nothing.

guk6kk, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    D'Godown likes this.
  13. sqeeze

sqeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing is impossible, especially in online business, where development of market is not regulated by usual laws. Yahoo was a giant just 6 years ago and now they're getting small piece of search traffic. Party Poker was one of leading poker rooms on web just few months ago and now they are beyond top ten.

sqeeze, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  14. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:
    lol yea well what ever all i know is that if Google was paying that well I would be earning more per click with adsense than with YPN

minnseoelite, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  15. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    So file a claim with the SEC claiming that Google is lying on their financial statements.

Icheb, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  16. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you read my first post, it says I don't want posts saying it's not going to shut down, because we all know they want, yet we are assuming.

bobisawsome7, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  17. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, i'd be fcked. i get 100% of my income from G. i told all my clients to go to hell a long time ago. working for G sure beats working for a bunch of ignorant self-obsessed stingy jerks who think they own you 24/7 because of one lousy web deal. and i don't want to go back to trying to sell stuff online either. that was even worse.

i suppose i would burn my computers and spend my days fishing (with an f) for a living, spending my nights drinking rhum and grilling freshly caught fish on the beach, instead of driving the mailer hard begging for backlinks.

hmmmm.... i never thought about it but that might not be too bad. i might not be fcked after all. my ex-wife would be screwd royally tho. :)

monosodium, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  18. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    by the way, it's not as big an IF as you guys make out. spending a billion on yootube? well it wasn't cash, but if it had been, i'd be on the beach already. if G make a few more silly purchases like that, plus a couple of bad quarters and/or class-actions, then here come the exec resignations, the new team will chop up the company, fill www.google.com chockablock with crap, 'improve' adsense, introduce stricter rules at the plex, and there goes your business model. i remember when pan-am was invincible... so was TWA. and so was enron and that huge telecom company, what was it called again? can't even remember.

monosodium, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  19. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What if the world ends tomorrow.... :)

Forsh, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  20. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forsh, I wouldn't mind that actually. Other things in life are just going to make life end sooner.

bobisawsome7, Jan 14, 2007 IP