1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to SEO oscommerce

Discussion in 'SEO' started by nuruddeen710, Jan 13, 2007.

Hello, im starting a new site using oscommerce. My question is could someone tell me the basic prinsiples of SEO for shopping cart like oscommerce or zen cart.

Thank You

Nuruddeen710
    HealinOnline.com

nuruddeen710, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Get the CRE loaded version of Oscommerce and it is almost good to go from the box!

Old Welsh Guy, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    sizzler_chetan likes this.
  3. Alistair

Alistair Active Member

Best Answers:
    When i used oscommerce the advance search engine friendly URLs were very useful. You can alter the title, meta tag and description on each item on you sell.
    Great for targeting keywords etc.

Alistair, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  4. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.. I've usen some of them. Im currently using search engine friendly URLs but still my website didnt get indexed by google. I wonder if there's something wrong. I need to know where do we put metatags? (manually including keywords, robot index,follow and stuff).

nuruddeen710, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Overall Header I think. But the dynamic element makes sure that this information is not needed to be added manually. OS comm uses common elements, so the same header and footer appear across the whole site.

Old Welsh Guy, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  6. nuruddeen710

nuruddeen710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean i dont have to put metatags because it is also generated by oscommerce? FYI i install a lot of oscommerce contribution and im scare that i might have "tweak" something accidentally that effect googlebot response to my page.

I checked again today, and thank god my homepage has been indexed, now im looking forward to move up the ranks. Im currently targeting some keyword/search term but im still at page three. It is not a competitive keyword but it is vital for my business.

nuruddeen710, Jan 16, 2007 IP