1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should i do with my PR4 general directory? Sell it?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sabian1982, Jan 13, 2007.

Ok i own http://unleashed.voisd.com - a general directory. Tbh i don't want it any more because i'd prefer to concentrate on my root domain niche directory http://www.voisd.com - so what should i do?

The subdomain was easily getting between 700-1000 uniques each month in the first 4 months (this was when it was totally free) - although so saying i've done hardly any promotion towards the site.
    Site has 326 active links, 134 pending links and 230 categories.
    Site has a PR4 on the index page and on the first level categories as well as PR2 on submit, latest links and top hits.

Should i?

1) Just delete the subdomain and not bother trying to sell the site
    2) Sell off just the database with links (both approved and pending)
    3) By a unique domain, point the subdomain to that unique domain and then sell the entire database, site and domain (transferring everything to the buyers hosting).
    4) Upgrade from the current phpLD2.1 to phpLD3.0.6, do as #3 and point to a unique domain and also include a totally unique phpLD3.0.6 template with the general directory (which i'd be looking for a BIN of around $400).

I've already recieved a purchase request for $200 to take the sub domain directory site as it is, although initially the buyer wants to keep it on the subdomain (which im not too happy about as i can't provide him with access to the database etc) - i basically want it taken completely off my hands!

Any suggestions anyone?

sabian1982, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest #3 Point the subdomain to the new domain and let soak for a little while until the next PR update.

wwws, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  3. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with #3 and waiting a few more months for a bit of PR increase - I am sure you wouldn't want to sell it anymore by then :D

Regards

Mihai, Jan 13, 2007 IP
    SEOdir.net likes this.
  4. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    3) Option Looks the best.

! Ask !, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  5. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the solution

you can also give your submitters another link in your sub domain so that many persons would flock

That is you can say them you will also get a free link at this sub domain if you submit to the main domain

Freewebspace, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what you could do is;

1. keep the directory where it is.
    2. export the DB and let the individual set it up on their hosting.
    3. have the individual allow access from your IP to his DB
    4. change host/user/db values
    5. done

Everything will be fine, they can still maintain everything as usual while everything stays put.

an0n, Jan 13, 2007 IP