1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Adsense finally suck?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by nikolaalx, Jan 12, 2007.

Hey,
    I just want to say that I have decided to pull off adsense from one of my sites.

The site was making $5 a day with adsense. Now I have adbrite on it and it makes $20-$35 per day with adbrite.

All the restrictions and rules....have been pushing adsense cpm lower and lower. Final question is? Is it competitive enough to keep the publishers?

I know one thing for sure, If I had shares in google, I'd sell...with the latest policy of "no images, no arrows, no NOTHING, no BLENDING", many people will be willing to try out new sponsors.

nik

nikolaalx, Jan 12, 2007 IP
    Phynder likes this.
  2. mattbf

mattbf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting rid of Adsense on all my sites...I used to make really good money off of it but now I'm averaging $2-$3 per day.

Trying AdBrite

mattbf, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  3. netjobs

netjobs Banned

Best Answers:
    Is Adbrite has a larger number of advertisers on it ? Will it cover any niches ? I too like to try it..

netjobs, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  4. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never had any luck with publishing with adbrite. Just advertising it.

Adsense has always sucked for me. I guess it's just my (ex)sites niche's.

Tracey12, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  5. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    nik, I am actually very shocked that you are making more with AdBrite. In my experience, I made a lot more with AdSense. What is the topic of your site?

The Stealthy One, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  6. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey nik - that is awesome! AdSense is painful. Would you mind give us some insight? Is your site high traffic? What theme is your site? Any idea why your so much more successful with AdBrite?

Thanks much!

Phynder, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  7. ltcobretti

ltcobretti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that Adbrite pays more ever...maybe a celebrity site...

ltcobretti, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  8. mattbf

mattbf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already had AdBrite up for 2 hours and I've already made more than what I made in a day with AdSense

mattbf, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  9. NameWolf

NameWolf Guest

Best Answers:
    Not sure about AdBrite however it is obvious that something is up with Adsense. Either they have messed up their books bad and trying to balance everything out now or they will flat out keep sharing less and less revenue with publishers. I will give them another week or so and if they don't come through, I am done displaying their code on my sites.

NameWolf, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  10. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lie? in your signature i saw the adbright ads but this place still in waiting list for ads..!!

leandar, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  11. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't agree with you about Adbrite, but I do agree about AdSense. I predict some kind of mass exodus from AdSense some time in the future...every day they keep tightening the screws on us. I am so tired about worrying whether I'm breaking TOS or if they're going to ban me.

flip, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  12. nvkrishna

nvkrishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything depends on your key word or niche. Most niches are suitable to adsense. Some are suitable to other advertising networks.

nvkrishna, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  13. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm exhausted of worrying about the ban too. My eCPM is getting lower and lower, fell from $20 to $5 without any reason as traffic goes up.

brandnewx, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  14. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here , I wish YPN would come out of Beta and would launch internationally, but it seems never gonna happen.

bluearrow, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  15. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to move away from Adsense, but simply because I rely on it too much. I'm hoping YPN becomes international soon - I know there will be a drop in CPC then, but I reckon it could still out-do Adsense.

dturnbull, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  16. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, Adsense is becoming so strict it's ridiculous.. May try Abrite very soon

James12513, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  17. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am very surprised that you find you make more with adbrite than adsense. I guess it was probably the decption that earned you the clicks hence your referral to adsense rules.

qwestcommunications, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  18. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To tell you the truth adbrite is kinda strange when it comes to serving ads.

My site is a free site. Ofcourse I'd be happy to share the insights with you. We're dp-ers after all (I wouldnt mind if you give me a rep for this :p )

The url is Picfury(dot)com

I actually just sold the site (7 days ago, but still havn't finished the transfer).

The key thing is to have patience. I think the adbrite platform has some flaws when it comes to connecting publishers and advertisers. IMO it takes some time before everything works the way it should be. And the rest is up to the traffic you rceive and the settings which you have for your zones.

The first 10 days I've been making $2-$4 a day with adbrite.

I was making $5-$8 a day with google just before that. I thought ....well what the heck, at least they wont threaten me all the time with banning my account....and I certainly wont have goosebumps all the tiem due to the type of images which are being uploaded (its an image hosting, and there are some adult photos uploaded). I was putting alot of effort when I had adsense, reviewing the images and removing adult ones.

To tell you the truth, the ctr which I have is lower than that which I had with adsense, but the revenue has gone now 6 times higher.

Lets get back to the way my earnings evolved within adbrite.

For the first 10 days, I was making less than adsense. The number of clicks was pathetic! Im telling you, I was making 20 clicks a day from 40k impressions.

Approximately from the 11 day to the 20 day I started making the same money like I did with adsense. There was an obvious boost in the volume of clicks which I was receiving. I am unaware what the reason for this is.

The 20th day I noticed something new happening in my adbrite earnings report. I saw some earnings comming from cpm ads. It seemed that cpm ads had started to be served at that point. At that day I made $12. Ever since the site's been making around $25 a day. I am not sure whether this is connected with the cpm ads serving, but its a fact that before that point I had 0 cpm ads impressions and the revenue was very low.

Might this be an indicator that the site is now "deep" implemented into the system and that it takes some time to get to that point - I don't know. Coincidence, or not, its a fact. I can provide screenshots to everyone who is interested. I can also tell more insights about the fine tunes I've done (tags triggering and more settings when creating the adzone) through pm.

Feel free to pm with questions, Id be happy to share all my knowledge.

p.s. Throughout the time I did not have, and still don't have any direct link sale. All the revenue came from the partner network, on a cpc basis.

The majority of the income comes from the skyscraper which I have on the pages where the images are uploaded.

kiss my rep ;)

cheers,
    nik

nikolaalx, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  19. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By the way,
    I totally forgot, but there is an affiliate system for adbrite.

If you prefer not giving me credit, just go to www.adbrite.com

thanks
    nik

nikolaalx, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  20. atomique

atomique Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using adbrite on my celeb sites for quite a while. Works better then adsense.

atomique, Jan 13, 2007 IP