1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Car Park Marketing!! Got me 25 uniques!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by James12513, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess this is for only Non Canadian users considering it's -41C out here.

Laceygirl, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  2. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, give me ten pounds i'll give you 500 visitors...

the problem with your idea is it brought too little result : 10 pounds plus one hour of wasted time printing then cutting then putting the papers on the windshields, all of that for 25 visitors, is a major failure.

maybe if you put an add on your car you'll get more results daily without the hassle...

at least you can say you're dedicated to your site! :)

patataur, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  3. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    very nice idea !

you could also place it in the metro , in the bus , in the elevator ...

commandos, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  4. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow everyone, you all have soo many good ideas! :p

Although maybe you wont get so many people with the car park method I used, it's still quite fun, you don't know what to expect. I thought first of all I wouldn't get any thing but some of those people actually read the advert and went to the site!! looool :)

James12513, Jan 12, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  5. anj109

anj109 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say this is the best way to market offline. If your site is geared towards the public (especially college kids), go to a couple local campuses and they always have boards you can post flyers on. I plan on doing this with my gaming site cause I'm sure it will attract some attention. Go back every few weeks and see if its still up, if not put anoter one up.

Just my .02.

Alex

anj109, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  6. seeyalater

seeyalater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where I live its ilegal and you can get fines for EACH flyer you give out.

seeyalater, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  7. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think putting out the cards then starting a thread here got you way more than 25 uniques.

carl_in_florida, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  8. Zerohero

Zerohero Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the concept, even if it didn't result in a ton of uniques. I'm guessing that wasn't the entire point of your post, since it did result in relatively few compared to other methods.

Now what if you were to use this method towards a more targeted audience (like somebody else said, exercise/health related site for the gym, or grocery delivery site at a grocery store..) Seems like it could yield some better results. Also, for something where you were specifically looking to make a connection with local people, this would be a good method. Say, a real estate site or something of that nature. Harder to convert I would imagine, but when conversions mean more/yield a higher profit, thats not always such a big deal either. A lot of places this kind of thing could go. I've seen flyers on my windshield before, and of course never really took the time to follow up, but have been curious what kind of results they bring in. To be honest, 25 out of 200 isn't bad, statistically anyway. (12.5% came to the site...) With the right product I'd love those kinds of results!

Just out of curiousity, how did you know that those 25 uniques came from the gym? what was your method of tracking them? Also, of those 25, how many actually "converted"?

Zerohero, Jan 12, 2007 IP
  9. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do this, I'd suggest making a very special (maybe free) offer to anyone that gets a card. It could make people less likely to rip you apart ;)

MTbiker, Jan 12, 2007 IP