1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Possibility of Individual Relativity: The point? There must be a God

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chulium, Jan 10, 2007.

Today in one of my classes, the subject came up of one of the greatest human qualities possible to have. The main discussion revolved around "good self-esteem". I, however, consider the greatest human quality to be "having truly good intentions, relatively based on absolute truth and goodness." It is the most admirable quality a human being may have.

In the world, most people think that "good" is opinion - exact ideas varying from person to person. However, I pose a simple question quickly disproving that theory:

What, how, and why could/would opposites be created without an absolute?

Perhaps every concept has an opposite. ("Things" may as well, but we are not discussing physical things right now.) But if everything is relative to everyone individually, all opposites would have a different meaning and thus, in their creation, cannot possibly exist.

I suppose combining a philosophical branch of science with these presented ideals of existentialist philosophy, they conflict directly. Science says, "What is, is."... a type of x=x idea.

Philosophy, though, tells us, "What is, is not (necessarily)." Furthermore, we'll assume all situations to be equal. The possibility that things that are are relative to individuals defies the principles of the 10th dimension - the highest dimension that we can only barely perceive, but never conceive. This dimension portrays all possible time lines of all possible dimensions of all possible universes - as a single point.

Taking this discussion any farther in this direction leads to our mortal roadblocks (so we will stop there, knowing just this for the purposes of our discussion), but the question still remains: "Who is absolute?"

Of course, God is. He made all the things that made all things. Science tells us of a big bang that created the universe. But who made the matter for the big bang?

With all these non-God believers placing their faith in science and philosophy, and using these same ideals to disprove the absence of God, what more is to be said...

I actually am not one to debate the existence of God or not, necessarily, and to "Bible-bash", especially to talk about God in an informal or lax manner... so I post this for it to be read and considered... not necessarily to convince or force opinion one way or another, or even to be debated: but I want it to make you think.

Cheers,
    .chulium.

chulium, Jan 10, 2007 IP
    d16man and GTech like this.
  2. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    YES, HE HAS GOT IT.
    THIS GUY ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS INFINITY.
    Perfect.
    You get a really big gold star.

darksat, Jan 10, 2007 IP