1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New SEO for Yahoo Backlinks No Longer Important!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by minnseoelite, Jan 8, 2007.

1. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok well this is NOT my article and I dont take it or anything else I hear about SEO as fact until it has been tried and tested thousands of times over the course of time. I merely posted this article because I thought it was interesting. And I know that search engines rank individual pages and not sites I was merely pointing out that if this is true then Yahoo will be the first of the big 3 search engines to rank a site as a whole.

As for the credibility you can go to Yahoo's own pages and find this exact article there. Now whether it was put there as propaganda or as fact is yet to be seen.

minnseoelite, Jan 10, 2007 IP
    thegypsy likes this.
  2. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:

Sheez what is confusing you guys so much it says nothing about a sites look it says all of a sites content as a whole rather than and individual pages theme. And layout does not mean a sites look either it pertains to things such as a sites internal linking structure and other accessability factors.

3. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks that is all it was met for was just something I found interesting and thought I would share. I myself do natural SEO I am not an algo chaser as alot of SEO's are so regardless of what any search engine does to their algorithm it really dont effect my work much. But I am glad it gave all those that do spend their time chasing and analyzing all the search engine algorithms a good ruckus lol

4. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:

Smells like crap... looks like crap.. tastes... yuuuucckkkk

Anyways, I know U didn't write it or anything.. just rantng M8 - that's what I do with outrageous SEO stuff.

As for the algos.. I am not 'chasing it' I am learning SEO and Search Egineering.. it is part of the job description. While I don't expect Webmasters/website owners to be learning it, I DO expect professional SEOs to know that stuff... they are doing themselves and their clients a diservice if they are not learning core SEO factors such as algo and patent studies

This ia NOT all about Markeitng and fluff.. there are a great many technical aspects of SEO to be understood....

The thread was fun though... Rep sent to starting some fun!

thegypsy, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  5. RBell

RBell Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a web designer with little SEO skill trying to drum up business to me (world renowned peace activist?!?).

I could see Yahoo thinking this (extending their "human-edited directory" idea), but why implement it? Google is eating their lunch (and has been for years) and they praise computer-controlled algorithms over everything else. Why move toward more human editing when less is the current leader?

Unless they implement a system which exceeds the efficiency of Google's "name that image" game, anything else is headed the way of the DMOZ-asaur.

RBell, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  6. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is false as there is no new releases out there by Yahoo suggesting something like this. Not to mention the fact that it would pretty much be impossible and stupid to rank pages by design. First of all how in the word would a spider check designs? And second of all why would the design benefit the user, content and how relevant it is to the search is what matters therefore links will always be counted to find the most popular relevant content.

Thank You

Diddy1, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  7. tekmox

tekmox Member

Best Answers:
    Was wondering where was this source is coming from.

tekmox, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  8. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:

This supposedly came from an SEO professional who copied the article from Yahoo's blog

9. minnseoelite

minnseoelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I do study the basic core elements of SEO such as link building, accessability, and a couple other main on page factors cause that is a must but I dont go spending all my time researching and trying to reverse engineer the algorithms as I did that when I first started but have found I have better luck with natural SEO but that is just me everyone is different.

And thanks for the rep that is what I intended this thread to be for....fun