1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my new Avatar gallery, Avatars.cc

Discussion in 'Websites' started by RegFee, Jan 9, 2007.

After DAYS of downloading, renaming, organizing, resizing, converting, uploading, adding, and shrinking, I am proud to announce that Avatars.cc is once again open to the public, with a database of 3734 images in 73 different categories/subcategories.

As you can see, I had a cut a few corners and just bulk rename a lot of the graphics, such as those in the MUSIC category. My goal is to one day rename all of the files according to what they actually are. I hope my visitors will help me with this by adding comments on the images and letting me know who or what they represent.

Anyway, please post any suggestions you may have (especially ideas on monetizing my traffic).

http://www.avatars.cc

RegFee, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  2. super9xman

super9xman Banned

Best Answers:
    that's great, great website. I dig the upload to imageshack mod.

super9xman, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  3. RegFee

RegFee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'm trying to find an online image resizer that will allow my visitors to transload the image and resize it to the common avatar sizes.

RegFee, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  4. gtithesexy

gtithesexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice domain and nice site
    4images is a good choice I think

you can change the "mod_rewrite" seo url style into "category_name.htm" instead of "catxxx.htm", this can be more useful for seo

you can add "wallpapers" and "screensaver" download partners to your site I think, this may be better for monetizing

good luck with your site :p

gtithesexy, Jan 10, 2007 IP
    RegFee likes this.
  5. Kassi

Kassi Peon

Best Answers:
    The site looks unfinished, the graphics look ragged. Also I would say that you are overusing black borders.

Kassi, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  6. RegFee

RegFee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I decided to convert all of the graphics to 100x100 .jpg's so a few of them might look a little jagged or fuzzy, but for the most part, I think they turned out alright, especially since most forums have strict filesize requirements. As far as the black borders go, I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. The template is the standard 4 images template and I will eventually create my own with better colors, but I don't see any black borders anywhere.

RegFee, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  7. atomique

atomique Peon

Best Answers:
    Great archive ! You only need to promote it more and everything else will fall into place.

Try to put a bit of emphasis on myspace and such sites.

atomique, Jan 11, 2007 IP