1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did Google turn mean?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Martyn, Jan 8, 2007.

Hey

I am not sure if any of you have noticed but it seems a few people that i have spoken to here have had a BAD drop in earnings over the past couple of weeks? I used to earn around $2-6 per day on one site i own now its a mere 0.20 at best with the same clicks..?

Also, 2 of my sites have not been indexed for over a month. Both have STRONG back links from busy sites and being in the SEO business myself i usually get my sites indexed within weeks. Now its taking months.

I think google has turned mean.. whats wrong guys? you didn't make enough money last year selling your car stickers? :(

I love you really don't ban my sites. <3

Martyn, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  2. netjobs

netjobs Banned

Best Answers:
    Probably some publishers gets some low paying click for couple of weeks, but for me its going as usual, better I think the answer should come from google..

netjobs, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  3. LiquidWebTravis

LiquidWebTravis Peon

Best Answers:
    Could it be related to the holidays / End of year? Business buying activity tends to dip around this time of year in my experience.

LiquidWebTravis, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  4. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is was... GOOGLE GOT GREEDY!!

So people are still paying the same ammount per click. But google is taking a larger percentage then what they where before. So you are going to be making much less. These are my thoughts.

joecool6101, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  5. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My earnings per click have actually been going up in the last week or so, and I have generally had a fairly solid increase of 10% in earnings per click since the New Year, I'm quietly confident the decrease in earnings is just isolated to your niche, sites or account.

As for Google indexing I will agree that I think the indexing process has slowed down a little in recent times it used to take a couple of days to get my new pages indexed now it is taking over a week which is unusual.

Burta, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  6. Ch3W

Ch3W Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably just the holiday season, I saw a drop over Christmas... it could also be that the advertisers are paying less per click. Could be anything.

Ch3W, Jan 9, 2007 IP