1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

42,598 Impressions $25!!! Why!!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by joecool6101, Jan 8, 2007.

I have never had 2 websites do so terribly in my life. I am having a super hard time getting traffic. and when i do they stay for a short while or a long while it seems that it doesnt matter as i have only made 25$ from adsense. with 42K page impressions on 2 - 3 websites. This is very frustrating. So many hours. so many months. All wasted for 25$ and its not improving. I have tried...time to give up on adsense.

joecool6101, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  2. anversli

anversli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe its your site niche, but $25 with 42k is extremely low.

anversli, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  3. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's probably a niche, if you don't see contstant small increase each month (while working on it of course) then just switch to other niche, that way you will at least don't waste your time.

SEOLinker, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  4. Tipem

Tipem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you kidding me! That's great.

I make about 3 bucks a day with 3000 visitors. About 3 cents a click.

Tipem, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  5. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    25$... 42K impressions... 2 sites... 3 months.. constant work... i wouldnt say that is to good.

BTW, how do i get traffic from search engines... ive only got like 10 hits from them.. 7 from google 3 from Yahoo..

6. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is that 42,000 ad impressions or 32,000 requests? How many ad impressions?

Either way that sounds really low.

Tekime, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  7. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    well you are earning $42 if you had the same impressions as he has

{edit} opps read it wrong I thought you ment 3000 impressions

chris20492002, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  8. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    May I ask what the source of your traffic is? You say that search engines send very little traffic to you. In my experience, the best traffic for AdSense is from search engines (organic.)

trafficnotice, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  9. Scheme

Scheme Guest

Best Answers:
    What niche is it? Gaming?

Scheme, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  10. joecool6101

Best Answers:
    the niche is gaming.. and i buy my traffic from godaddy.com

11. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:

Thats your answer right there...

saintdw, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  12. skweb

skweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at your website and it is great if you want to play games. Remember a very simple rule: "If there is nothing to buy, ads don't matter."

So when people design websites and pick their niche, remember that there has to be something to buy - and the more we buy that stuff, the more people get curious. That is why electronics and apparel websites do so well. No matter how many shirts I have, I could always check out one more. The same is true for travel. I may be in debt but keep dreaming of Hawaii. I see a great ad and go check it out.

If you want to make serious money, you have to pick your niche carefully and then create articles with such powerful content that people will get more curious about it and click on ads to learn more.

skweb, Jan 8, 2007 IP
    scubita likes this.
  13. joecool6101

Best Answers:
    But i am not really good at doing that. I have tried a blog type thing. I cant really find enough to say to make articles. its not that i dont want to/dont try. its that i cant..like right now the only thing that is listed from my website is the main page on google and yahoo. so that could be the problem. But my website that isnt even done yet has every single page indexed..

14. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't know that godaddy sells traffic. Is that from expired or parked domains? Because as far as I know neither type of traffic converts well.

PS: I went to godaddy.com and I can't find info about buying traffic although I didn't look very hard.

15. joecool6101

Best Answers:
    I got it like 2 months ago..i seen it on there site then havent looked since then. but they were selling for kind of expensive bought godaddy traffic on ebay for cheaper. I no longer see where you go to buy traffic now.. i wonder why.

16. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try buying some cheap traffic on AdBrite but make sure that you research the sites carefully because not all are equally good. Other than that, I suggest that you focus on SEO to bring traffic to your site or maybe switch to a different, less competitive niche. Good luck!

17. alexmai

alexmai Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what exactly happen to me! I only got few visitors from search engines. I got alot from other resouces. How do you promote your sites anyway, maybe we have something in common.;)
    I always think about give up on absesen, it really frustrating, put on alot of effort, nothing in return

alexmai, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  18. Tekime

Tekime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my experience bulk traffic is worth about as much as a pair of mittens in July.

Traffic source is instrumental in CTR as well as eCPM.

Tekime, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  19. joecool6101

Best Answers:
    I own a few game servers so its linked to that. I buy traffic. I get friends to promote. I post on other forums about contests i am having.... few other ways.

But they say the more sites the better. one i just kinda setup and said sounds good and letting it go on its own.. seems to be getting traffic everyday. But strathcl.com constantly working on traffic and ways to improve. but now dreamweaver is going weird so i cant edit my site without knowing alot about coding.

Also, i would like to ask you guys if you think that this site should have google adsense ads on it because the layout is almost ready so i need to know. Thank you.

20. anj109

anj109 Peon

Best Answers:
    all that traffic that was sent to your site was probably fake click throughs by these people you purchased clicks from. No ones gonna click on your ads if there not real people. How many clicks did you get out of all those impressions for adsense? Also your ads aren't monetized very well. Incorporate them better into the site and you might get some better click through rates.

alex
    www.rezgames.com

anj109, Jan 8, 2007 IP