1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

400,000 backlinks to blog?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by SemperFi, Jan 3, 2007.

1. SemperFi

SemperFi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the point and topic of the thread!

SemperFi, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    you guys are jack assess, it totally reasonable that someone doesn't want to give out an url

people read these forums, people snitch on each other, and people from the SEs read and can manually remove sites

when you post someone's url you are essentially calling them out for scrutiny and there is chance you will hurt their rankings and their business

on some SE boards and blogs its against the rules to give out other peoples urls with good reason

ferret77, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  3. SemperFi

SemperFi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amen! I even cited an example in post #21 (in this thread) regarding the possible harm that can be done.

The whole point of the thread was to initiate a discussion on garnering back links, especially in terms of thousands of them.

Since ferret77 is a rare voice of reason, I will PM him(her?) the url. If 'proof' of the url is necessary, maybe ferret77 can vouch that the url exists and it does have the backlinks. Then, maybe, we can discuss methods, esplanations, etc. of how a site can garner so many backlinks!

SemperFi, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  4. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    isn't the mere act of someone putting a site online signifying that they are making the site/content/methods public? ...and isn't anything that is made public open to scrutiny by "the public" ?

If the guy/woman wanted a private site, wouldn't they have protected it with security?

I mean, I'm not trying to be harsh, and I totally agree with your reasoning, ferret77, but i'm just trying to keep an open and nimble mind about things.

grobar, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  5. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    none of the sites in the google search that you post has 150000000 backlinks. when you use the submit express tool they show overlapping links.

This thread is useless since the url wasn't posted and it wasn't even his site. So what if we trashed the site, a site with that many links is obviously popular and i'm sure we are not going to be the first or last forum to trash it.

and that's if it needs trashing

oseymour, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  6. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    Submit Express' link popularity tool aggregates data based on the back links that are found to be indexed by Google, Yahoo, AllTheWeb, AltaVista, MSN and HotBot / Inktomi. This isn't a true estimate of your back links as the total number will almost certainly contain links that have been counted 3 or 4 times as they are indexed by each different search engine.

matt-baker, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  7. Anghus

Anghus Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the backlinks for Engadget.com or Gizmodo.com.

Anghus, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  8. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    the site has 115k backlinks in yahoo, 93k in msn and 3 k in google, at least when I check it

the tool must show overlapping

its still a lot of backlinks

ferret77, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  9. harmu.com

harmu.com Banned

Best Answers:
    how to check that i have backlinks or not, thanks,:)

harmu.com, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  10. Anghus

Anghus Peon

Best Answers:
    Anghus, Jan 8, 2007 IP