1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Breaking T+C?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Rustygames, Jan 7, 2007.

Hey,

DP has a policiy whereby you can share their ad revenue. Isnt this breaking 2 rules?

1) Giving an incentive to people to click ads (by telling people it's shared between users). Even drawing attention to your ads at all is supposed to be against the rules. Let alone writing beneath it: "This is an ad revenue sharing forum"

2) Modifying the code is a big no no. And wouldnt the php script inserted inside the ad technically modifying it?

I was wondering how they got around this and/or if im wrong and it isnt against the rules

Rustygames, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  2. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
  3. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I doubt DP has any trouble: they probably even asked google before doing this.
    Anyhow - it's not changing the code, it's embedding the code in other code. Big difference.

kh7, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  4. adflakes.com

adflakes.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently using the same technique with one of my websites and have used it for almost 4 months.

There was also one case wherein google ads are not being displayed in the pages of one of our member. My hint was that member was clicking his own ads. In order to protect our google adsense account and also the account of the other members in our website, I sent an e-mail regarding this to Google. I explained to Google the advertisement revenue sharing structure of our website which is similar to a number of websites (I enumerated some sites that I know of including DP).

Google replied back telling us that they can't tell us how they monitor invalid clicks and what criteria they are using to ban any member from google. And according to google, as long as we do not violate their rules, then we are in safe ground.

That e-mail was more than 2 months ago and we still have our Google adsense account including our members (no report yet of any member loosing his adsense account or being warned by google)

adflakes.com, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  5. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree partly with first point in that it can of an incentive to click ads for some. HOwever, all the ads appear randomly so there is no way of knowing whose ID will appear when one clicks.

qwestcommunications, Jan 8, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Google AdSense staff are members here so DP would have long been warned/banned.

T0PS3O, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  7. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no incentive to click the ads as the system DP uses will never display your own AdSense client ID. This is stated in the FAQ. You should have really read that before creating this topic.

matt-baker, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  8. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with qwestcommunications post... The google pub no.s are displayed randomly...

Yfcadmin, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  9. Rustygames

Rustygames Peon

Best Answers:
    I just kind of feel bigger businesses are getting special treatment off google whereas smaller ones are being punished. I've heard stories of people putting any kind of text near an ad that is even remotely incentive to click being banned

Rustygames, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  10. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Welcome to the forum Rusty...

Dp is not breaking any rules..In fact there are several thousand forums that use revenue sharing :)

Its even a well known Mod for VB at this point!

sundaybrew, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  11. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you do a search, you will also see this has been talked about time and time again...

fsmedia, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  12. imbrod

imbrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give us an URL! I'd like to participate.

imbrod, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  13. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many Forums doing this as DP .. Vbulletin has even an Adsense Plugin for revenue Sharing

FireStorM, Jan 12, 2007 IP