1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just left the Sandbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dirkjan, Jun 13, 2005.

Just left the sandbox with a website ;)

Once I started, it went nice. Once I really started SEOing I hit the Sandbox. Been in it for ages (well maybe months :p, but at least many months) today I just got out and got even better rankings than I have in MSN. On big (even SEO) keywords.

Thanks for all the advice, as I have like 20 number 1 spots in Google on various keywords, because people from DP helped me. I wont name names, as I am too afraid I might forget someone. But thanks to all of you.

I will do my best to make it up to you all to spread the word and advice people on the forums. :)

Dirkjan, Jun 13, 2005 IP
    web-rover likes this.
  2. Yukio

Yukio Peon

Best Answers:
    That's awsome! Congrats! Wow I was just thinking of Whey Protien and a google ad showing whey protein just came on.. *music form the twillight zone*

Yukio, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  3. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    It's great feeling to see your hard work finally pay off

web-rover, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  4. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    How many months were you in the sandbox? Out of curiosity.

And, congrats off course. Wish I could join you. ;)

caroline, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  5. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    I am still not 100% familiar with the sandbox, and still dont know how it works, but this domainname is relatively old. I just never really used or optimised it. As soon as I started to optimise it, I hit all search engines but got dropped from google (a few keywords that had no visitors).

Just today, I checked after like a week not checking this domain (kinda became my black sheep in google because of no results) and saw several number one hits.

I think it has been away from google for about.... 4-5 months? Is that possible? To be honest: I am not 100% sure it was the sandbox, as the domain is probably too old for that, its about 1,5 years old now. So I hit the sandbox after a year? Possible? I had like 5-6 backlinks in the first 12 months, and then because I started using the domain, about 1000 in a week after that and left Google. Today I came back with number one places although the site didnt change last month, the backlinks didnt change last month... Nothing really changed :p

Dirkjan, Jun 13, 2005 IP