1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP!! Problem with PSAs

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by super_kid, Jun 8, 2005.

1. normanmiller

normanmiller Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. I had the same kind of problem months back and occasionally still do. I believe your problem is caused by the use of words that trigger the PSA's. From what I understand, Google has a list of "trigger" words that will cause the links to shift to PSA's. These words can be like "shooting" "blow-up" or other words that in totality trigger them. I do not know the trigger words themselves. I think it was because of news story over adsense and an incident. Keep in mind..it was a long time ago. The solution is to control what you write. Use other words to avoid the PSA's. Adjust the amt of posts to minimize the amount of trigger words. If you do this over time the PSA's will disappear. This worked for me after some advice from a fellow computer geek. Good luck to you.

http://weirdevents.blogspot.com

normanmiller, Jun 12, 2005 IP
  2. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Aparently the problem is gone.

Thanks everyone for the attention and help. One thing I really like about this messageboard is that people are very polite and are always willing to give others a hand :)

super_kid, Jun 12, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  3. grey

grey Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you figure out the problem, or did it just go away?

It just started happening to me on my main page and I can't figure out why.

grey, Jul 14, 2005 IP
  4. grey

grey Peon

Best Answers:
    This is soooo frustrating!

It's only happening on my main page. It was named index.htm. I tried renaming one of my other pages, where the ads were still working, to index.htm and then I got PSA's on that page too.

I searched on the Adsense site and looked at all the possible reasons for the PSA's. I figured they must have had a problem crawling the main page or something, because I haven't changed my site, so I renamed the main page to default.html

What I can't figure out is this:

When I go to my website: http://www.shoppersupport.com, it is still showing PSA's. But when I go to: http://www.shoppersupport.com/default.html, it shows ads.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

grey, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  5. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same thing happening to me awhile ago, and now again. For some reason, the other pages within the same domain DON'T show the dreaded PSAs.

I tried a couple things, and the solution took a long time to appear, so I don't know if the results were directly connected to the changes I made, or if it was just random.

super_kid, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  6. grey

grey Peon

Best Answers:
    If I rename the main page to something else, it shows the ads.

So... I created just a basic page that says "Click here to continue" and named that index.htm

When you click it, it goes to main.htm, which used to be index.htm. Now the ads are showing.

Hopefully I don't lose too many people by putting that up, but I was losing so much money by not having ads on that main page!

grey, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  7. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    I might be wrong but thats against the TOS, man :(

8. grey

grey Peon

Best Answers:
    It is? I'll double check and take it down.

It's so strange that the ads work when the page is renamed... I haven't changed the content.

grey, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  9. grey

grey Peon

Best Answers:
    FWIW, I didn't put ads on the no-content page.

I can't find anything in the TOS about it, but took it down just in case. I would consider it to be just a welcome page and then you click to enter the site.

grey, Jul 15, 2005 IP
  10. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Great.

Now it's happening to me.