1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Linkmarket.net

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by iShopHQ, Jun 7, 2005.

I joined this for manageing reciprocal link exchange. I'm pretty satisfied with it. Does what it claims to for a reasonable cost ($20 lifetime).

Today I tried to go to it and it's not there. Tried to ping it - nope. I logged in yesterday fine.

Anyone have any news on this site/service?

iShopHQ, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    It goes out several times a month...Should be back within a few hours

Ive been using them since there was a few hundred sites on there and although its a good service if you use all the filters etc, their uptime leaves a bit to be desired.

yfs1, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  3. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's worth the price. I like it.

honey, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As predicted the site is back up and running.

yfs1, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  5. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep

All is good. I'm not active in it in the sense that I look for partners - but I get a decent number of people asking to link to me and it's easy to look at the site and say yea or nea. Well worth the money, IMO.

iShopHQ, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  6. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, it is generally an excellent service, and you have reminded me that I have about 400 potential link exchanges to trawl through sometime soon :eek:

Padawan, Jun 9, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  7. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the sites on linkmarket do not have any inbounds to their "links" pages and thus links from them count for nothing. Out of the last 50 or so requests I've gotten, maybe 6 or so, I could actually locate the page they said my link would appear on. The thing is not moderated, no one at linkmarket seems to check these sites or anything. Its ridiculuous, IMHO.

lorien1973, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  8. bustour

bustour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like linkmarket.net just fine, though I only have the free account with them. Thus, I have to wade through many more junk offers to trade links as I can't filter out the sites that can request exchanges. However, for every 10 crap requests that come through I usually get a couple that are okay....or sometimes not. It seems to go in waves.
    I've recently tried linkmetro and so far, for free, I like their system a little more.

bustour, Jun 9, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Linkmetro has a LOT more problems IMHO compared to LinkMarkets paid account.

In the end though, the right choice is what works for you

yfs1, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  10. bustour

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've been putting off paying the whopping $24.85 for a paid account on LinkMarket for many months now. My image of myself as the cheapest guy I know would be blown if I splurged now though. It takes a lot of work to be this cheap, ya know?

bustour, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  11. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    24.85, huh? I think it was 19.95 when I signed up.

iShopHQ, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  12. bustour

Best Answers:
    Yeah, 24.85 now. It was actually, if memory serves, 17.95 when I first signed up back in, oh, last September or so. I should have gone for it then. However, now due to yfs1's recommendation, I've splurged and ponied up the money for a real account. Oddly enough, the site seems to be down again.

bustour, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  13. iShopHQ

iShopHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Must be becuase you decided to go for it.....

iShopHQ, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  14. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    you can pull 800 link partners that the SE will report out of linkmarket, maybe 1000 max

ferret77, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  15. tradefor

tradefor Peon

Best Answers:
    I did pony up for a paid account at LM - and now wish I had done my due-dilligence more carefully.

I have a Sandboxed site, with no PR, and functioning within a narrow niche.
    So on the one hand, after reading-up these Forums, I knew I had to build some Links asap; and on the other I quickly learned that there ain't nobody gonna offer me a reciprocal Link with a PR0 (play: hollow laugh/bronx cheer sound effect). Well, hardly anyone, and even fewer with relevancy to my target audience.

I thought I'd try LM as it seemed a goodly number of Links, but when push comes to shove, I find that I want to Link to hardly any of them, and cerainly not any of the first 20 or so they throw your way when you sign up. $20 is not a lot of money, even for me, but I'd suggest Link market only:
    a) if you use the free version (sorry bustour - though the extra filters you get still might make LM work much better for you anyway),
    b) if you either don't mind who you link to as long as it has some PR,
    c) you have a very broad range of sites - beacuse one thing I'll give LM is that it does have a wide range of sites.

I know some SEO mavens would think me dumb; but I'd just rather be choosy about with whom I Link; even if it means it'll takes me much, much longer to build Links up.

I have had only one instance where I needed to email them, so its probably unfair of me to comment about that. Their site has always been up when I have needed to check it.

Edit - Hmm, after reading EagleNest's post I checked it just now, and he is right it isn't up; perhaps i don't check there as often as should :eek:

tradefor, Jun 9, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  16. EaglesNest

EaglesNest Guest

Best Answers:
    $20 a "lifetime" thought it was $25 a year. That is what I am paying, what's the deal?

And as far as it being back online, still isn't here in the states.

Eagle

EaglesNest, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  17. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    good thread ... considering signing up for membership as well ... the link requests are getting out of control.

What I do like is being able to view the site you are planning to trade links with. Basically you can evaluate it's worth yourself, then decide.

:D

anton-io!, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  18. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yeah - me too. I totally forgot about it.. maybe over the long weekend.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Jun 9, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    The people that are complaining don't seem to be using all the features. Take some time and go through them when you get a paid account as you can weed out all the crap links.

I think I originally paid $7.99 or $9.99 and its never asked for a renewal. I'm sure these days though they have a much bigger server strain.

LM also allows triangle links which I have never seen another service do. That IMHO is the best feature and most underutilized.

yfs1, Jun 10, 2005 IP
  20. sagetips

sagetips Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other thoughts on Linkmetro? I've been using them for several weeks and am reasonably pleased. Originally, I thought they were only accepting sites with PR4 or greater, but I'm not sure that they adhere to this. Some of the links presented are not great quality. Nonetheless, I'd say about 25% of the offered links I get are worthwhile. They've also added some features lately which will help screen out non-relevant links.

Haven't tried Linkmarket, but I'm going to look into it after reding this thread.

sagetips, Jun 10, 2005 IP