1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Typos & How to Take Advantage of Them

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by jmaresca2006, Jan 3, 2007.

Google says that 10% of all searches are mispelled, so why not take advantage of these mispellings to improve your pay per click campaign. The cost of a misspelling can be upto 99% less than the correct spelling in terms of cost per click. Why add misspellings to your pay per click campaign? I say, why not!

Here is a great tool that I use to help build keyword misspellings and proximity errors for my ppc campaigns.

I have attached screenshots of the tool.

It is called GoodKeywords.

Here is some more information about the keyword misspelling feature.

Use the misspelling generator to create misspellings of your keyword. The misspellings may be generated based on a number of options.

The supported options include duplicate characters, missing character, swapped characters and keyword proximity errors.

You can right click within the generated word list to copy the words to the clipboard or to the keyword organizer.

Misspelling generator options

Duplicate characters
    Checking this box will create misspellings based on duplicate characters.

Example:

Computer -> compputer

Missing character
    Checking this box will create misspellings by removing one character at a time.

Example:

Computer-> comuter

Swapped Characters
    This will create misspellings where two of the characters are swapped (a common error while typing on the keyboard)

Example:

Computer -> Comupter

Keyboard Proximity Errors
    Create misspelled words based on keyboard typing errors. For example, often people type S instead of A because A and S are next to each other on the keyboard.

Example:

Computer -> Compiter

The tool also has the following features:

Suggestion tool
    Web Page Explorer
    Phrase Builder
    Site & Link Popularity
    Keyword Organizer

So enjoy! You can find the tool at www.goodkeywords.com.

Attached Files:

jmaresca2006, Jan 3, 2007 IP
    MrX likes this.
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that is okay and a great share for the person interested in doing it. But I have a real problem dealing with a business that doesn't know how to spell.

Karen May Jones, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  3. jmaresca2006

jmaresca2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    well i think it is not so much that they cant spell as much as it is when people type fast they sometimes misspell keywords. and not all ppc campaigns are B2B. many and i would say most clicks from ppc come from B2C. Companies like amazon and ebay who spend millions on ppc are mostly B2C.

jmaresca2006, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  4. ched

ched Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice site thanks very much.

ched, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  5. volk23

volk23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have a question about misspelled keywords.

i've noticed when someone misspells one of my keywords, google still suggests one of my other keywords and my ad shows. and my cost for that click is $2.00

if i actually have a misspelled keyword in my adword and it matches and its set for $0.25, Google will use the misspelled word instead of suggesting?

volk23, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you put that word specifically as your search word then google is going to charge accordingly. At least that is the way I understand it. But, I am very new and honestly have not funded my first ad yet. All but the funding is ready :). I was all set up to go and I didn't like the way they replied when I chose to have less than a thirty dollar a month ad budget. I'll be back though, and they know it.

PS. Strangely enough, after posting here the other day on this thread, I went back to my site and saw my google ad links and they that had the word "mystery" misspelled along with having it spelled correctly. it was like mystry! hmmm (shivers) lol

Karen May Jones, Jan 5, 2007 IP