1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Heavily penalized site-- suggestions for recovery?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by dkalweit, Jan 2, 2007.

1. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with the html coding?

Yes, but from a high PR or a low PR? If it was PR1-4 and even fairly new, that'd be one thing-- this was an established PR5 that's been online since 1999...

It's a dynamic Ebay search. People in my niche are interested in a few things-- downloading ROMs to play the games, possibly playing the games online, buying the physical games(Ebay being the only place to buy them online, except for some over-priced vendors), getting pictures/photos of the games, and discussing the games. The ROMs, java player for the games, and photos of the games are the top. Discussing the games are in the forums. The ebay ads are right below the photos. I believe the Ebay games add to the content, as do the people in my forums, etc. Not to mention, they bring in money-- which isn't something I'm going to throw away...

When you talk about 'content' are you talking about those reviews at the bottom? No one cares about them-- they're written by 12 year olds(I deleted a lot of the crappiest ones) who have nothing better to do than write a 'review' of a 20 year old game online...

Apparently you haven't seen too many spammy sites... The NES Files is less commercial than most sites I see online these days-- and far less than most ones that actually make decent money(without millions of pageviews, anyways)...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dude your tags, how you've keyword stuffed, if you're actually considering the ebay 'part of your content' wow. All it would have taken is someone to report your site as SPAM and it be listed as spam.

If you dont' see how it's spammy then I honestly can't help you. Google will not refavor you as long as it looks spammy, and in my honest opinion it is the very definition of spam as it's currently laid out.

If you'd rather have all the ads with no traffic then by all means keep them.

GRIM, Jan 3, 2007 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  3. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are more ads on the average Yahoo or Myspace page than on any page of The NES Files.

If Google took one 'spam report' as authorization to penalize/ban a site, there'd be no more SEO-- everyone would report their competitors and search would be dead.

What tags are you talking about? I fixed the bug that was 'keyword stuffing'-- did you see something else?

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Jan 3, 2007 IP