1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just installed Vista RTM

Discussion in 'Bing' started by bobisawsome7, Dec 22, 2006.

1. alexisthemovie

alexisthemovie Peon

Best Answers:
    is your brain not working? i thought indians were supporters of forward progress...:rolleyes:

alexisthemovie, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  2. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, my brain is working...thats why I answered to his red rep out of no reason.

Yes, forward progress is what we all support and look for...but that does not mean we should support something which is not justified (eg - bloatedness of vista), as you can see in the last lines of my comment.

agnivo007, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  3. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Typical reply from a dillusional person who doesn't know what they are talking about. Way to defend the red rep...

Ferrarislave, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  4. Formalhost

Formalhost Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista is a great operating system. Be careful installing some old applications. It screwed up my system once.

Formalhost, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  5. fadetoblack

fadetoblack Peon

Best Answers:
    If windows XP was a better OS than VISTA, then MS woudlnt have released it at all ...its just that Vista is still in the begining phase and will be buggy .. and like it almost all MS users will shift to it, just a question of when .

fadetoblack, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't found any bugs as of yet, and I use my system for development work and give it quite a workout. As far as bloat, who cares as hard drives are so cheap. I like the fact that you never have to reference the install disk again. If you ever need to do additional installs, all needed files are on the computer already! Very nice as I dont have to track down disks when I install something.

"pull my finger" on the sidebar has become an office favorite...

ServerUnion, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    Addurobi likes this.
  7. QuickNancy

QuickNancy Peon

Best Answers:
    i honestly think Vista has a lot of potential in the near future, not right now... my system was considered to be quite fast and powerful on an xp machine, meanwhile after installing vista, things seem to slow down 30%... but then I guess Vista is made for another 6-10 years... who know what kind of processor is out at that time....

QuickNancy, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  8. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, vista runs faster for me then xp. Only gripe I have is dells wireless utility software doesnt work on vista.

Ferrarislave, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  9. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ferrarislave, first tame your arrogance before teaching someone how to speak English. I guess arrogance runs predominantly in western blood...

I made a general comment on vista, nothing personal and you added a red rep with an unacceptable note saying "you're an idiot" and what not...(personal attack started by you)

Who the hell are you to call me an idiot ? I guess idiots consider every other person they meet an idiot.

You seem to be an overzealous MS fan for very little reason...I guess you forgot the hardships we all face with MS products everyday (buggy and patches released everyday)...LOL

And I could have easily reciprocated your red rep...but I dont mess with oversmart people...cause they don't know themselves what they are up to!

agnivo007, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  10. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    While Vista does look great, I will hold off for about a year before upgrading to it. It's just so new that there are bound to be quite a few hassles with drivers, compatibility etc.

That being said, I think the greatest reason for people to upgrade to Vista is the support for DirectX 10. Once most games start to require DirectX 10 support it will force gamers to upgrade (that is if MS sticks to their plan of not releasing DX10 for Win XP)

As for the MS vs other OS debate. Their is no contest that Windows is much easier for the general public to use. That's why it is so popular. Ubuntu Linux has done quite a lot to make Linux more user friendly as well. Ultimately it comes down to which one you are more comfortable to use.

Crusader, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  11. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Software as well is another reason, I tried out Linux and it looks nice, but I haven't seen much software for it.

ArcticPro, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  12. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    I also use vista on my 2nd PC. The system crawls. Though, its better than XP but still not much faster than t. More features, great looks, tools but uses a LOT of system resources. I use 512 RAM with P4 3.06 GHz

Is someone using Intel Core2?

Is that suitable for vista?

inworx, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  13. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Arrogance, tame your arrogance sandy. You're the one who lashed at me. I am not an overzealous MS fan. In fact, the only MS products I use are Word and Windows. I am a BSD user by heart, but I just so happen to use whatever gets the job done best. Windows gets the job done best in my situation so I use it. I run Vista on my laptop and I have had no problems. It runs much faster then XP did for me. It also looks nicer, has better security features, and an overall better GUI, and navigation is much easier in folders and network shares. Backup your claims before you lash out at people, products, and societies.

There is nothing to talk about here. Use whatever suits you best, but don't bash products that you have not used, or know nothig about.

Ferrarislave, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  14. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This topic evolved into an argument :(

bobisawsome7, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  15. MrMOJO

MrMOJO Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    it's funny how all the apple fanboys cry "shame on you Microsoft" for copying Apple or whatnot...

but then, say Microsoft is using proprietary software and programs and being a monopoly.

which is it? copying or monopoly? can't be both ways kids...

MrMOJO, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  16. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, vista is a knock off of what other OS's have already done. But of course they claim it's "new and improved".

NoobieDoobieDo, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  17. Evolv5

Evolv5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Vista looks great, but performance wise, is there anybody here with personal experience who has run Vista on a core 2 duo, preferably the cheap variants (E6300 & E6400). I'm currently running a p4 3GHz @ 3.3 , 1GB of DDR 400 ram and an ati 9800XT, and I was planning of spending 700$ ~550€ to upgrade to a Core 2 duo E6300, with still just 1GB of RAM and a cheap graphics card (waiting for DX 10).

Evolv5, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  18. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think memory would be the best upgrade for you as 1GB is really the minimum> I have 2GB and a Duo Coar in my laptop and it works great. We have some others running with 2GB and P4's and they run pretty good too. Mind you that I am not doing gaming, we are however using heavy development work and it still is running smooth.

ServerUnion, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  19. chrisn

chrisn Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick user switching is borrowed from Microsoft.

chrisn, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  20. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    How about having a mouse with 2 buttons on it, hails MS. Or one that isn't rounds so you know where the front is... :p

ServerUnion, Jan 8, 2007 IP