1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

icdsoft.com suresupport.com

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by klingerrr, Jan 2, 2007.

anybody know what is going on with icdsoft.com and suresupport.com this morning??

I have a site hosted on icdsoft.com and it's down. Their support site is down too.

Should I just load my files to a new host and move on, or should I wait to see if they go back up??

I'm already missing on google, so they have probably be down for longer than one day.

I've never switched hosts. Anything that I must do to make the transition easy and pain free?

klingerrr, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  2. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    They actually just went down a few hours ago. Originally they posted something about a series of earthquakes in Taiwan affecting their connection but now the support site says something is wrong with their American servers as well.

kkibak, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  3. klingerrr

klingerrr Peon

Best Answers:
    where did you read that?

should i host this site with another company? my email and everything is down and i have know idea when they will be back up.. sounds like it will take a long time if an earthquake caused the problems..

klingerrr, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  4. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    kkibak, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    klingerrr likes this.
  5. samm27

samm27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with them for several years and they are top notch - this event seems to be completely out of their control and they are posting updates regularly. It is an issue as SAVVIS in Boston.

We have sites with them too, and they are currently down...

samm27, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  6. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine are back online but running slowly... I have like 35+ accounts with these guys so this was killer for me.

kkibak, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  7. icdsoft

icdsoft Member

Best Answers:
    Hello to everyone,

We would line to provide some more information about the outage.

On Jan/2/2007, the datacenter of SAVVIS Corp., where the equipment of ICDSoft is co-located, experienced a network outage, which lasted for about 6 hours. Besides ICDSoft, among the affected companies were Lycos Mail / Tripod, the magazines CIO and CSO - basically everyone whose equipment is in the Savvis datacenter in Boston.

During the outage, we did our best to supply our customers with all the information we had, through our HK support site (http://hk.suresupport.com).

History and additional updates on the issue are available at:
    http://suresupport.com/savvis.php

According to the report from Savvis, the outage was caused by failures in two of their major backbone lines to Boston. The first line went down on Dec 31, and Savvis did not manage do fix their hardware until Jan 2, when the second line failed. Also, Savvis claim that there was an additional, third failure - of a backbone router. All these caused the isolation of the datacenter.

One of the reasons we chose this datacenter (it belonged to Cable & Wireless back in 2003 when we started placing servers there), were the advertised datacenter specifications and reliability. When Savvis acquired the US hosting network of CW in 2004, they assured as that the Boston facility will be developed as a high-end colocation and managed-hosting datacenter. We are paying quite high prices on bandwidth/space there, just because we thought that we are buying more reliability.

The management of Savvis abided to connect their Boston datacenter with two more backbone lines - one to be installed immediately, and another within three months. The first line is already in place and there is an additional third party provider line available, for additional redundancy.

We have required from them information about the status of every important system in the datacenter - power system, network, security, etc. Also, we are revising with them their failover procedures.

We will monitor Savvis actions closely by requiring information from them regularly. If they fail to deliver what they promised within the specified timeframe, we are ready to move out all our equipment to another colocation provider.

Best regards,
    ICDSoft team
    http://icdsoft.com

icdsoft, Jan 9, 2007 IP