1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link sales and conversions: Include URL info in the thread vs 'PM me for site info'.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Nintendo, Jan 1, 2007.

?

What converts better?

1. Include site info in thread, including URL.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 'PM me for site info'.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
    What do you think converts better when having link sales, including the site info in the thread, or saying to for example 'PM me for URL'?

IMO, including the info, including domain info or link link to a page with info and link to pay would have the highest coversion. Though that's the only way I've tried it. I'm wondering if I should try the 'PM me for URL' method when I do my next batch of link sales.

Nintendo, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  2. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I voted for full information in listing, however there are many more "bumps" when you ask for a PM.

drig, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  3. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    having the site info in the thread converts better. "pm me please" might bump your thread but doesn't help with sales conversions. just my own experience only :)

onedollar, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is pretty useless useless to make the domain public!

maldives, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  5. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    My guess is that if you include all the info in the post including site URL and how to pay, you'll get business from people that won't bother to spend the time to PM you asking for info. I'm guessing some people like to 'just do it' and not have to wait for a PM.

Hince I've never tried the 'PM me' method.

Nintendo, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  6. onedollar

Best Answers:
    yes, unless what you are offering is unique and the link is "really" a great deal, the more info you present in the thread, the better from the buyer's perspective. however, there's another version that some link buyers do not want to buy from sites/links from the ones made public. also, you need to value your own time regarding replying back to those 100's of pms you'll receive asking for the url's;) I think the best way for you would be to give it a try. give it a test drive, Nintendo and maybe it will work for your niche/site :)

onedollar, Jan 2, 2007 IP
    Richie_Ni likes this.
  7. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Include site info in thread, including URL.
    I'm tired of sending/receiving pms :(

Richie_Ni, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  8. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is better if all the info is available in the 1st post but, some occasions it is not really necessary to make the url public!

maldives, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  9. William Martin

William Martin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Touchy issue with me this one! I buy a fair amount of links, and hate it when I have to PM for info.

However - I almost always get the links from threads that have been bumped with repeated, PM'd info posts.

I hate it when info is not included, but honest answer is that I would imagine the PM me posts sell better.

William Martin, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    So far I've made two link sale threads here, one a signature links one, and one for links on another site, and the thread for links on another site was DEAD, D-E-A-D, DEAD, hince this thread, cause I'll be making another link sales thread later today for other sites!!! When I made that thread, I quickly saw why people loved to post in their thread *Link added, thanks.* or do it so a lot of people bumped the thread with PM sent stuff!!!! Like trying to make money off their infractions...cause the thread quickly flyes to page 2, 3, 4...and dies! :D

I'll test the PM Me one today just to see how the response is compaired to having the info right in the thread. As for time needed for replying, da wacko has no life. :D

Nintendo, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  11. William Martin

William Martin Active Member

Best Answers:
    In an ideal world, the best way to market your link would be to build a little hype before you post it. I don't know - maybe something like a poll or something. :p :D

William Martin, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  12. onedollar

Best Answers:
    I can't dare to disagree with that :D :D

but yes, testing it is the best thing and you never know what works for a wacko :)

onedollar, Jan 2, 2007 IP