1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Tag Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by nadlay, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Webby

Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is some confusion here. The 3 keywords/phrases comes from the maximum number of terms you should focus any one page for and not the number of words in the meta keyword tag. On average I'll have about 7-12 with at least 90% of the words appearing also on the page somewhere.

I also try not to repeat any one particular word more than 3 times. Normally I wont go more than twice. The description is defintely the one worth taking a bit of time over.
    Alan

Webby, Aug 1, 2004 IP
  2. DavidWincent

DavidWincent Peon

Best Answers:
    Smaller search engines make use of keyword META tag. It is not fixed that how many keywords you can use, it depends on the content, but it is good to use relevant keywords. Never fill you keyword META tag with 20-25 keywords. It would be considered as spam.

DavidWincent, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  3. senpaiit

senpaiit Peon

Best Answers:
    max 15-20 keywords dats it....

senpaiit, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  4. Dynamicweb

Dynamicweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to use my meta title into at least maximum of 6 words and minims 3 words. For meta description, limit it into 100 words maximum, and not less than 50 words.

Dynamicweb, Jan 20, 2012 IP
  5. mamtak

mamtak Member

Best Answers:
    I think, its really good that you using the meta tags.
    now days google bots also check meta tags helps in ranking your website in relative keywords search.
    do not make your meta tags to long or short just check in google for fixed length.

mamtak, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  6. THE SEO PROZ

THE SEO PROZ Peon

Best Answers:
    It is recommended that you target no more that 3 keywords per page. I still think you may be wasting your time with meta tag keywords though. Why even bother with the other search engines? You should instead just focus on ranking in the big 3, but that is from a ROI standpoint.

Travis
    the-seo-proz.com

THE SEO PROZ, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  7. chongbscott

chongbscott Peon

Best Answers:
    HTML meta information are formally web page information labels that lie between the start and ending go labels in the HTML value of a papers.

The written text in these labels is not shown, but parsable and informs the internet explorer (or other web services) particular information about the site. Simply, it “explains” the site so a web browser can understand it.

Here's a value example of meta tags:

<head>
    <title>Not a Meta Tag, but needed anyway</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Awesome Information Here">
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
    </head>

chongbscott, Sep 14, 2012 IP
  8. fivebucksdeals

fivebucksdeals Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually SEO a page to a maximum of 3 KW's. This being the case, in my META I only use those keyphrases and some variations. I do not repeat any given word in the META keywords more than 3 times. Incidentally, Yahoo still uses the KW META tag. That alone is a good reason to pay attention to your KW META.

fivebucksdeals, Sep 15, 2012 IP
  9. andydxgame

andydxgame Member

Best Answers:
    You should avoid using the META Keyword tag because it's basically telling your competitors which keywords your trying to rank for. Even if the smaller engines do use the META Keyword tag the traffic would be tiny and not even worth bothering with.

andydxgame, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  10. ericfox

ericfox Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me You are really right and then do reply like this, Meta tag key word is really important for webpage ...

ericfox, Oct 19, 2012 IP