1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some help on my a lot of my pages went supplimental:

Discussion in 'SEO' started by WunschShrek, Dec 30, 2006.

Hello Guys

On 2 of my websites, a majority of the pages have went supplemental. All pages have 100% unique content written or purchased by me.

Http://www.designer-fashion-trends.com = only reason I can think of why this went supplemental is I hard titles / metas have a lot to do with it, do my title pages / headings / anything look to similar? Please help.

Second site : http://www.bouthandbags.com - again 100% original articles. Only thing I can think of was at first the site looked very spammy because all of the 50 words on the left hand side were not a nav at first, I added the page one by one and it is still only halfway done. I am going to remain all the words that are currently not part of the nav so it doesnt look like keyword spam.

Any other pointers you can give me. I am about to spend another 1000$ on custom article writing but I am a little leery with all of these pages going supplemental on me.

Thanks

WunschShrek, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  2. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I went to the designer fashion site - and clicked on 'lingerie' - and found only one paragraph, with a link to the same page. I mean, why would google even index your site? Why would I, as a visitor who needs lingerie, be interested in your site?

Before you spend money on article writing - make sure you have a vision for your site. What is it about, what market are you targeting, what would visitors get out of visiting your site. Think people, not SE's. For a fashion site it's also not done well artistically speaking. I mean - generally fashion sites are pretty, nice to look at, suave colors, great pictures, photo-models, that sort of thing. Your site has a white background, black letters, some grey as the only accent color and hardly any pictures (I saw that corset there and it's below the fold).
    The site looks like MFA to me. If I were to go into fashion online, I'd try and find out what affiliate options there are, build a site around that - making it good - and market it bigtime with adwords and on women's fora. I'd also expect it to only slowly start making money as this must be a saturated market. Then, when I have regular visitors, a decent percentage of which are recurring visitors, and at least 1000 visitors a day, I'd carefully start adding adsense.

kh7, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  3. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your site is very new - this may be the sandbox after all. Link building will be hard as long as you don't have content that people will like. So focus on building the websites for now, worry about google later.

kh7, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  4. JohnTaba

JohnTaba Peon

Best Answers:
    As you recently replied to someones post, i find it rather apt to give your own reply,

"google to find out".

:)

JohnTaba, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Supplemental results, from google's supplemental Index..

The Webmaster, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  6. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello sir, thanks but this is also not my first sites, and being supplemental and the sandbox are two different filters.

Now I know the lingerie section is empty on Designer-Fashion-Trends. but checkthe sunglasses section, that section is full.

Also all the pages on bouthandbags.com went supplmental except the first page. My guess it has something to do with the title/metas and the extra sections I have not made links yet for and look like just extra keyword spam in the navigation area.

I am going to try and change the meta/titles in every page and hope that helps, and also remove the non functioning nav to clear keyword spam. (is 50 sections to many for the friend page??)

Thanks.

7. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Once pages go supplemental, it's a pain in the arse taking them down.

It took me about a year get rid of supplemental results using all the possible methods, including google removal tool, robots, meta tags, etc. etc. :/

Pat Gael, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  8. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I just realized my meta description is very similar on many pages. I am going to go through, change all meta descriptions to very unique, aswell as titles if they do not look well, and remove all the non functioning sections -- and if anyone sees anything else worth mentioning please do.

Thank you.