1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google with Supplemental Result?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dynamicseo, Dec 29, 2006.

Can anybody know why google deindexing the supplemental pages?

My site's few pages were in supplemental results, when ever i check it through ( site: ) but now its not showing any of the supplemental pages. Why?

Are those pages got deindexed or ?

dynamicseo, Dec 29, 2006 IP
    seojig likes this.
  2. sunmoon

sunmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    Supplemental result, yes the weird thing. Well i have just posted few hours back about supplemental result. The link is here. Matt cutts said in the video that they were upgrading their infrastructure so supplemental result will be fresher. Remember that googlebot have 2 version, the main index googlebot and supplemental result googlebot. The later crawls less frequest than the main bot.

Another thing to note is that pagerank will not be affected if your pages fall in either main index database or supplemental result database. Visit the post and you can read on the webmaster information.

Question: did your supplemental result moved to main result or did it get drop all together?

sunmoon, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you must focus on your meta tag to get out of supp. pages

trichnosis, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  4. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a myth.. The popular word from Google seems to be meta tags, no duplicate content, and session IDs. We have 300+ pages that have gone supplemental that don't fall into any of the above categories. No idea what happened to cause this. Every day, it seems like a few more pages fall into this black hole.

The URLs are simple. The metas are 100% unique and complete. The content is unique. The pages are not orphaned.

No idea what's wrong with Google, but it's definitely something.. One of our 2+ year old blogs has started to go seriously supplemental, and that makes absolutely no sense. I'm wondering if it has something to do with traffic that these pages receive. We have a new blog that is VERY active, and we're not having this problem, but I've got low-traffic sites that are new that are already going wildly supplemental.

Cartman, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  5. dynamicseo

dynamicseo Banned

Best Answers:
    I want to share some real experience with:

I have laucched two new sites and for that i had submitted google sitemap and proceed with dir. submission and link exchange, but few day later when google indexed the sites it shows only home page is indexed and rest of the pages from both of the sites gone into supplemental. Every thing is unique in both of the sites like: content, title and description.

I don't know why such things are happing with gooooooogle.

dynamicseo, Jan 4, 2007 IP