1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A letter I sent to PAYPAL!!!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Aceday, Dec 28, 2006.

HI Everyone. About 6 months ago I was having a really bad day, so many things going wrong and so on. Then I heard that some money, I had used to buy a domain via paypal had been reversed for no apparent reason and without even notifying me this happened!!! This forced the domain people to delete it and it was bought by someone else a day later. :(

I was more than furious, I proceeded to login to my Paypal account only to be confronted by a message telling me they thought a 3rd party accessed my account and now it is limited. Now I knew this was all bullcrap and the real reason was cause I ahd logged in at a freinds house earliar that week.

So, Filled with more hatred towards paypal than you can ever imagine and inspired by the usual boredom, I decided to make up lots of crap and sent them the following email:

After doing this, I went downstairs and turned on my TV and started watching some crap about hippos in captivity. Then about 35 minutes into my less than captivating session of TV watching the phone rang. I picked up expecting to hear a familiar voice when I was confronted with the voice of a woman, whom id never heard, she simply said ‘Hi I’m from Paypal USA, are you [My name]’. Quickly realising what was going on, I decided to indulge myself in a little drama and replied with the following ‘No, I’m his brother, do you want me to call him, I think he’s in the garage sorting out a few problems with his car’. No sooner had I finished my sentence, She began screaming to her colleagues ‘Oh my God, this guy was serious’, However I could sense the distress I was causing this woman and began feeling bad, but this did not stop me from continuing. She then read out my paypal address and asked if it was were we were, I said yes and she told me that someone was calling 911 to my house, to save time and that I should run to see to my brother because she had reason to believe he maybe attempting to commit suicide.

Now I began to panic, my childish little game had gone further than I ever intended but what could I do, the police and paramedics team were on there way. I sat down again on my couch and began pondering what I would say to them when they came.
    However not too long before I heard the sirens approach my neighbourhood I swiftly realised I could simply laugh this off and lead the police to believe whoever called them to come was nothing more than someone wasting there time and maybe they should investigate this dejected precious police-time waster. This is what I did and after about 15minutes of silly chat with some fat policeman in his late forties, they where gone. Nevertheless, I was still intrigued about my paypal account, so I logged on and just as heartlessly as they limited it for no reason, they’d whole heartedly undone so without forcing me to go through all the crazy steps. I was at last and once and for all free of my Paypal induced hate. :)

I would also like to say. this actually happened and is all true, since then I now have a business verified account with paypal and everything runs smoothly.

Aceday, Dec 28, 2006 IP
    ih82lose likes this.
  2. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you serious ?
    Did this really happend ? If thats so, than i think you are very lucky;) Loll

seoindiaweb, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A car in Manhattan. Now, that is funny.

If I belived any of it, I would forward it to the local police in your area, but alas, it is probably all lies.

browntwn, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  4. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it was a very good read,thou.

FOX LORE, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    OMFG, true or not that was so funny i think i pissed-myself from laughing so hard! Geeze the tears are still running down my face..

Thank you for the good laugh..

Tearabite, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  6. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Great bedtime story.......I only wish it was bedtime :)

sundaybrew, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  7. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me, I worked at a company somewhat like this, where we delt with services. We got alot of people saying they are going to kill themselves, and as such we HAD to call 999 (English 911)

TVCokeCan, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  8. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Your a meany :p

Yes, this actually happened, I cant amke up stories that good :D

Aceday, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would have personally of paid $500 to hearing of your suicide, rather than your BS story.

an0n, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

lol, you never sleep!

browntwn, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  11. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Lol if this has really happend, than i am proud of you:D atleast someone taught Paypal some lesson
    Paypalsucksmy****.com:D

seoindiaweb, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  12. am21

am21 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice trick.. i think it wont work next time :p

am21, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  13. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hope this is not true:p anyway I think each one of PayPal users want to write a similar letter to make they act fast and care about the customers(we merchants) because without no merchants no PayPal :eek:

vic_msn, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  14. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That was one nice and funny story. :) If this is true I can guess the condition of the lady talking to him on phone. Poor lady

Disguised, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  15. usermaster

usermaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you made my day dude!! OMG.. This is the funniest thing I have read since I was 13 years old! now I am 14 :) just joking.. anyway, This is exremellyyyyyyyyyyyy funny.

usermaster, Dec 29, 2006 IP
  16. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    LOL, Funniest story i read so far about paypal...
    Saad

saadahmed007, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  17. xception

xception Active Member

Best Answers:
    i couldnt stop laughing:)

xception, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  18. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFL that's some funny chit.

mdvaldosta, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  19. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny Funny! I guess that's one way of getting stuff done your way. But seriously LESSON: Some jokes can go too far.

Skinny

Skinny, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  20. LonnieRobinson

LonnieRobinson Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG - that was a good one dude!

LonnieRobinson, Dec 31, 2006 IP