1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use article submission for backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by stockmad, Dec 19, 2006.

1. NYDAz

NYDAz Peon

Best Answers:
    How much traffic did you get with article submission ; let's say on 10 article directories ?

NYDAz, Dec 24, 2006 IP
  2. jjoshua

jjoshua Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That depends on the quality and quantity of your articles to entice readers to get back to you at your website. If you submit to directories that already have lots of articles, your meagre eg. 5 articles will make no impact. But if you include in directories that are looking for a niche, and need authors, the chances are greater for increased traffic.

Well, include an up and coming article knowledge directory, www.knowledger.info , you get free backlinks of course.

jjoshua, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  3. podman

podman Banned

Best Answers:
    podman, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I generally find that article submissions are more effective for links than for direct traffic. You will get some traffic, though. I usually get something like 5-25 visitors per article submission.

If I were after traffic, I'd go after high quality sites directly rather than submitting the article to directories.

adamjthompson, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  5. IMAutoPilot

IMAutoPilot Peon

Best Answers:
    Seiya - I have a very hard time believing you get 500 backlinks for $2. Any proof?

IMAutoPilot, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. Optimus Crime

Optimus Crime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG jhona, that was an awesome lot.... I will choose some and do it today! Thanks!

Optimus Crime, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  7. mtb167

mtb167 Peon

Best Answers:
    Manual Submission of articles is the only way to go.

There are so many different publisher's guidelines that anyone claiming to be able to submit them to like 100 different places for you is just going to screw it up.

mtb167, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    mtb167 I would be interested in how you can back up your claims on people screwing it up. Care to explain?

My service is over a year old and I have had hundreds of clients without screwing it up yet.

mad4, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  9. mtb167

mtb167 Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean, if your bot knows which sites take html and which dont, as well as if its able to login and remember logins, as well as which sites have custom required fields, then you're doing great work and I should like to give you a try.

But if it can't do those things, and most bots can't (requires far too much effort to customize) then of those 225 sites that your bot will submit to for $30 dollars, you might get 25% that are actually listed.

If you have a list of article submission sites that don't need logins, I find, those are generally the poorer caliber submission sites. Those sites have more pages in the supplemental, lower page rank... etc.

If you bypass the numerous html guidelines for different sites by not using html tags at all, you're doing a disservice to your customers by not allowing them to customize their anchor text.

Again, if none of this applies to you and you have built an ultra robust bot, then, I think I need to give you an article and $30

mtb167, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  10. mtb167

mtb167 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just read your other post... so i'm assuming you use some sort of advanced auto filler and just create a new pen name for the various different authors... I could be down with that.

Still wondering about the HTML stuff though.

mtb167, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    My program visits each article site and logs in using my account and username. It then completes all the fields according to the information I have provided.

Although I don't recommend html within the article (most sites don't allow it) I can submit a html resource box to create anchor text rich links at the end of the article just as if you submitted manually.

mad4, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  12. mtb167

mtb167 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree with "no HTML" - here's why...

When submitting an article, you want as many websites to pick it up as possible. one of the things that makes websites want to pick it up is if its written for the web. In other words, will low attention span readers get through it?

One of the best ways to break up an article is to

1. Break the article into sections and give each section a bolded head... can't do that without html.
    2. Break the article down into clearly bulleted lists... can't do that without html.
    3. Use bold and italics to make your main points stand out so that people won't have to read a whole paragraph. (this method can be tricky with article submissions as not everyone agrees on what should be bolded and what shouldn't)

Anyway, to not use HTML in your article submissions takes away the Most important part of article submissions: Optimized anchor text.

I think that you have come up with a great service, but I would think of a way to include html.

And I also disagree that most article submission sites won't let you use it, because the best article submission sites, the ones you REALLY want to get your article listed in will let you.

mtb167, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  13. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would much prefer it if the sites allowed html within the body of the article for all of the reasons you posted but this is not something I can control. My service submits to the sites and I have to abide by their rules.

If a client wants to manually submit to some sites themselves then I can exclude them when I carry out the submission.

mad4, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  14. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He still has optimized anchor text, it just occurs in the footer of the article instead of the body

Tyler Banfield, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  15. redhatzule

redhatzule Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Where can i find people to write articles for my site?

redhatzule, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  16. seobeglobal

seobeglobal Banned

Best Answers:
    The list of articles are going to be very helpful, thanks guys

seobeglobal, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  17. angel_face

angel_face Banned

Best Answers:
    Article Submission really helps in gaining Back links... But based on my experience if you submitted more articles it affects on your SERPS.:rolleyes:

angel_face, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  18. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Post a thread in the Content Creation forum

Tyler Banfield, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  19. parusa619

parusa619 Banned

Best Answers:
    Article submission can backlinks, traffic, and PR if I'm not mistaken because I've heard that from other webmasters from different forums.

But the disadvantage of article submission is it might affect your SERP, just like angel_face said, and of course, waste of time. LOL

parusa619, Dec 28, 2006 IP
  20. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers: