1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I really need to ask this about Linking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by claycomm, Dec 25, 2006.

I confess, I know zero about the benefits of link development so if I may can I run an example and ask for your comments? p.s. I'm only interested in the traffic benefits of buying a high pr link...

so, when WEBSITE PR7 links to my Index page PR0 how does this result in me getting more traffic? is it because people actually click the link on the pr7 and come to my site or does it have something to do with search engines actually returning my pr0 site in the serps much higher than before?

thanks in advance to all then can shed some light on this mystery for me
    oh, and happy xmas to all :)

claycomm, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A PR7 site probably has good traffic of it's own, so a link on such a site will send you some direct traffic. Plus if the PR value flows to your site, it may lead to better search engine ranks, resulting in more traffic from there as well.

The PR flow will depend on how many other sites have a link on this PR7 page.
    Direct traffic will depend on where your link is placed, what it says, and if the visitors of that PR7 site are interested in what your site has...
    Bye :)

JEET, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  3. leftybogs

leftybogs Banned

Best Answers:
    actually it helps you to have a higher PR... you can promote your site, submit to some directories, build more links to have more traffic...

leftybogs, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  4. sadaf

sadaf Guest

Best Answers:
    I was wondering why now a days only DIRECTORY business is expanding and more and more people are making their own directories?

If the reason is to have only LINKS to other sites I think tagspage.com is also a good idea for that. But I have seen that people don't like the idea of tags or keyword clouds. I don't know why.

sadaf, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  5. Jenyfari

Jenyfari Peon

Best Answers:
    Just having a link from a pagerank 7 website doesn't necessarily mean that you will receive more traffic. It's likely that having a pagerank of 7 means that this site already gets high traffic but if your link is on the bottom of a page hidden away from anything and is not likely to be clicked on then it won't generate you much traffic that way.

It can however have a benefit to you by helping to increase your pagerank which in turn could rank you higher in the search engines and therefore you could receive more traffic.

Jenyfari, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. ISU

ISU Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats truth..in order to get traffic you need to put a link in the right place, in other words where people could see it..

ISU, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  7. IMAutoPilot

IMAutoPilot Peon

Best Answers:
    And typically the best place to have a link is the top left side of any web page. But good luck trying to get one.

IMAutoPilot, Dec 27, 2006 IP