1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would this layout be in compliance with TOS?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by chris20492002, Dec 22, 2006.

^ what the title says.

[​IMG]

Now I have to ask google if the sites content is still allowed again but I am just asking about the layout.

BTW I know some of you think its gambling material its against TOS. I have asked google twice about this and both times I was told it is in compliance.

chris20492002, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  2. mStraz

mStraz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think poker site such as your are ok'ed because it's just information about poker (rules, tips, etc..).

Not sure about your search bar (although very nice) will be accepted however since you probably had to modify the actual code to get that "look". Safest "bet" (cheap pun intended ;) ), just e-mail them and ask if it's acceptable.

mStraz, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  3. slash001

slash001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you I always do than if I change something. You cannot mistake with that and they will always get you a polite answer.

slash001, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  4. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe it would, no. I think the blending is to decieving, I have seen similar placements like this on the forum which have not been accepted.

ian_batten, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  5. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Id say email google and ask. I did this a few times and they were VERY helpful.

drig, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  6. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its best to ask them. I am not sure if they allow poker at all, even if its not a gaming site, rather just an information one.

qwestcommunications, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  7. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    Some of you say it is decieving what if I put advertisement above the 2 sections that have the adsence?? and make it clear section 2 and 3 are ads but they are still blended?

When I get back from holidays and off the f'in 28.8kb/sec speed I will finish the site and contact google.

Awesome thing a about a poker site is adsence ads are really targeted like software for poker ect. how to earn money playing poker, ect. you get the drift.

Thanks for your input fellas

The code itself was slightly modified but not in a bad way just so that it blends with the template. anyway ill contact google

chris20492002, Dec 24, 2006 IP
    ian_batten likes this.
  8. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes - Gambling content is against the TOS, despite what's been said above - even tutorials and information. I've checked this with them myself. It's considered gambling content.

Dio, Dec 24, 2006 IP
    ian_batten likes this.
  9. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:

I would have to disagree with you on this as I was told twice previously that it was ok but since I was changing content again I was going to ask again.

Anyway I will post googles response in a few days when I get back.

chris20492002, Dec 24, 2006 IP
  10. roflux

roflux Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no point of blending so much that the users are tricked into clicking, it will be good for a while, then you will be smart priced and have to put up with $.04 clicks.

roflux, Dec 24, 2006 IP