1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shawn - Unfair Infraction

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by PayItForward, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm not one to complain about reputation or infractions but this particular infraction is a little bit annoying.

Here is the thread + post: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=1937685#post1937685 (infraction for bumping)

My case:

1) If you look at the two posts before mine, they contributed SEVERAL crucial pieces of advice for me.

2) I responded with "Last couple of posts contained some great advice. Keep it coming guys!", which is a quality sentance, to acknowledge their great advice. I wanted more of that great advice, hence the reason for my post which clearly says 'thank you', along with what I am thanking them for, and additionally, asking for more advice. I could understand an infraction if all I said was "thanks guys" and the thread was dead, but it was clearly already on the first page.

3) I responded the same day(specifically, within 5 hours), the post was already bumped, how can you bump a thread that is already on the first page?

4) I didn't post twice in a row, there is like a full page of replies(and advice) before I responded.

I would appreciate removal of this infraction, thank you for your time. I understand that it takes quite a bit of infractions befere you get banned, but it's not about that, I believe I have proven that this infraction was not deserved and therefor should be removed.

I'm an established member and a vital part of this community, please take care of this.

PayItForward, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  2. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of us get infractions....and all tell us the same...keep moving...I understand your point...

Domino, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  3. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Bah!!! You guys are so lucky to get infractions when you don't want them!!! Da only way I've been able to get them is beging for one, or bribing a mod!!! :D:D:D:D

Nintendo, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    Disguised likes this.
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Gotta switch to decaf buddy! :)

Will.Spencer, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    hahahahahahaah

Didn't someone just post about how you spam people and rip off other forum's content?

Yeah, you are vital :rolleyes:

fryman, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    Glen, sundaybrew and PalSys like this.
  6. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    And they didn't receive a response nor a reaction because everything you read isn't always true. Are you really defending something you just read 5 minutes ago, from a brand new user?

Everything is spam these days, you make a post with any URL, you are spamming until proven innocent.

Additionally, you do realize that YouTube/Dailymotion/Bolt hosts all of the movies, right? Everyone gets link from the same places, everyone is ripping off Dailymotion if you want to think about it logically.

I had respect for you Fryman, but not anymore, seems you aren't as intelligent as I thought. Possibly the reason you only have 6 bars of reputation even though you have nearly 10,000 posts.

I do believe you are the only member with 10k posts that doesn't have 10-11 reputation bars. If I did the math correctly, that means you are on average 40% less popular, which translates into 40% more worthless posts compared to other 10kers. How does that make you feel? All of that work and no one likes you. That's a damn shame.

7. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    You should get another infraction for starting a pointless thread .....

sundaybrew, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    PalSys likes this.
  8. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    I clearly stated my case in a very professional and well thought out post. This is far from a pointless thread, there is no whining or b*tching in it.

Grow up.

9. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    You're judging someones intelligence by the number of green dots? :D :D
    LMAO

Edz, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    PalSys likes this.
  10. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why don't "infraction" word be banned here.. so no one making a stupid thread about infraction topic!

Pammer, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  11. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think every one should have atleast 1 or 2 infractions. This way people will know that you are not completely serious person :) Come on guys!

Disguised, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  12. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Even if you think it's not fair infraction..You should have pmed moderator instead of starting YAIT..
    Saad

saadahmed007, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    Glen likes this.
  13. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to see something that should be an infraction... certain people offering domains for $X and then when you make an offer, it becomes more than triple the original $XX. That my friends is REDICULOUS. *cough*linkpla.net*cough* - being the domain in question.

exponent, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  14. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, whatever moderator gave me this is being a jerk.

Really, a private infraction for spamming? Really, almost 800 posts and I'm spamming? When? Were? You guys don't know what the hell you are talking about anymore.

A 5 point infraction isn't even funny when I've given so much time to this place. Are you really trying to piss off your loyal members? What is this WHT now?

Another one? Are you guys mad because I made a thread proving why I shouldn't have got an infraction? So now you are looking AND making up reasons for me to get an infraction.

Whatever, you guys are rediculous.

Shawn, fix this bullshit please. I've even done free technical support in your Optigold forum, I don't deserve this harrassment.

15. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayItForward, I think you should just be quiet, This is a monarchy ;) just listen to the king and you will be ok ;).
    Merry Christmas

redz, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  16. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever, someone close this post, obviously I'm not going to get any help regardless of my loyalty to the forums, Shawn, and Optigold.

17. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Thread closed at request of PayItForward.

Smyrl, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  18. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    wah! :(

Crazy_Rob, Dec 23, 2006 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.