1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Terminated #2?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Seiya, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually im happy i switched back to Adsense so far, lets hope adsense doesnt let me down. :) Down with YPN :p

Seiya, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  2. andy11

andy11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just saw a cute ad on your site and clicked it to get more info on the product :) tmobile blackberry.

I am sorry for both of u.

andy11, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I recognize Mary's name in your e-mail as that is the same name on my termination email from them two months ago or so

They say they will mail the money remaining within 90 days.....still waiting on my part of $1,800.00+

Sem-Advance, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  4. dynomutt

dynomutt Peon

Best Answers:
    i got basically the same email stating my account will be closed before the 27th sorry to hear about the others who have also been cancelled.

dynomutt, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  5. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you know, it happened to me yesterday too. I email YPN and they confirmed that I'm screwed.

Pisses me off kind of but oh well.

PoohBear88, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  6. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    No actually YPN rules. :)

ArcticPro, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  7. trytobecool

trytobecool Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed. it does rule:D

trytobecool, Dec 22, 2006 IP
  8. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    It doenst rule if it kicks people out without warning :) Thats just lame. Its not like i was doing something really bad that deserves being kicked out without prior warning.

Anyway my revenue is down with adsense a bit, oh well... i just hope they dont actually take the 90 days to mail my money id be pissed. Oh and they havent replied so far about if its real or not.

Seiya, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  9. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I got banned a couple months ago. Still waiting for my money, getting close to 90 days now.

When I got banned I emailed them and countered each excuse they gave for banning me - poor conversion is the advertiser's fault, there were no fraudulent clicks, etc. They did answer and although they wouldn't give a straight answer they hinted it was international traffic - sleazy how they bs you about the reason for the ban.

I put in geotargeting. I didn't have it before because my international traffic was small and since I don't have access to the stats about where clicks are coming from I didn't think there was a problem. Then I emailed them asking for reinstatement. They answered, said no, not during beta.

They're sleazy, banning without warning, lying about the reason. Most publishers would make corrections if they got a warning - add geotargeting, remove ads poor performing pages/sites, etc.

Only G is sleazier, banning AND stealing your funds.

geomark, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    - Admission??? ;)

Even though I am banned YPN did rule in the $$$ earnings over Adsenseless

Dont forget Google bans without warning as well. As a publisher you need to implement tools to stop multiclicks etc. The advertisers are putting the onus on the publishers

Yahoo will allow you to defend yourself against their claim and your ads will show until they chop you off permanently.

You can also start to get pissed as the moneys not coming any time soon.

Hope things go better for you.

Sem-Advance, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  11. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody hails YPN due their high revenue per click... but in the end that's probably the reason they're being brought down for.

It's all about the money *sigh*

PoohBear88, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  12. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I got terminated in mid September. There was $600 in my account. 90 days later and they now show a pending payment of $560. So it looks like they considered $40 was from invalid clicks (international traffic). That's less than 7%. And for that they terminated. What f*ckwits. Why not give a warning, give a chance to correct a very minor problem.

geomark, Dec 25, 2006 IP
  13. joeiii

joeiii Peon

Best Answers:
    i remember when yahoo publishers was only for someone that had over 1,000,000+ impressions (or something) a month. perhaps they are still holding on to that. they let anyone register, but if you can't make them a 10k+ a month at least they don't want bother writing checks?.

joeiii, Dec 25, 2006 IP