1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chat GPT

Discussion in 'Bing' started by wMarketingD, Apr 27, 2023.

Thoughts on the new Chat GPT?

I feel like its a bad thing because it will change the way we search and take many jobs from people. Where would those people who lost their jobs to the AI go? Can't go in the same sector

wMarketingD, Apr 27, 2023 IP
  2. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    It may help as many as it hurts.There's always going to be some pushback until they find out how to make money.The fears are real,but not for the reason we think.

vrwrys, Apr 27, 2023 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's why you should always be upskilling and looking for new opportunities to be useful to your employer. If your job can be made obsolete by an AI then you haven't been paying attention.

Ultimately the AI is just regurgitating information that is already known. It's not doing research or creating knowledge - we still need people to do that. We still need people to generate new ideas, to discover new concepts.

sarahk, Apr 27, 2023 IP
  4. Advantage Perks

Advantage Perks Peon

Best Answers:
    For good or bad it can save a lot of time on some minor task, but I have to admit that I found that ChatGPT can lead to wrong conclusions during a research

Advantage Perks, May 17, 2023 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AI isn't going anywhere and will increase in usage. Might as well embrace it.

Consider though that these programs are not infallable. When you use them you must review the results. Verify the truth of what the AI provides you with. What AI tells you is fact is not always really a fact.

This stuff can save you a lot of time gathering the content you need but you've gotta be the one to actually put it together in a meaningful and factual way.

JoeSpirit, Jul 7, 2023 IP
    Sumit_Singh likes this.
  6. PIOON

PIOON Peon

Best Answers:
    Chat GPT is useful and nice

PIOON, Jul 19, 2023 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Anything you can do, AI can do better...

qwikad.com, Jul 20, 2023 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    In my experience AI has yet to create content with a human touch.

And when it comes to developing relationships with your followers I personally believe that a human touch is necessary.

JoeSpirit, Jul 21, 2023 IP
    Sumit_Singh, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I recall when the Internet came about and everyone said that it would "disintermediate" many industries/markets and, in fact, there would be no more need for salespeople as all sales transactions would take place online, without any selling need to be done. What the futurologists did not factor in was the long history that humans always bend technology to suit their needs, not the reverse. There was no way that the Internet was going to take power away from purchasing or procurement people. There was no way that salespeople were going to stop calling on clients and prospects. Humans are going to be humans, no matter whether the new technology is fire, the wheel, the Internet, or AI.

With AI, we will become more productive and actually find more opportunities for interesting work for humans to do. ChatGPT has a long way to go, btw. Right now, it is becoming well known in AI/ML circles as a tool that will write great, convincing prose while getting the facts wrong.

jrbiz, Jul 22, 2023 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop complaining so much .Yea its true as chatgpt will make many writers lose their jobs etc but they need to adapt its part of life

Spartan14, Jul 22, 2023 IP
  11. phoenixtropicals

phoenixtropicals AdsP2p.net Peer To Peer Web Advertising Premium Member

Best Answers:
    It's very good for writing code snippets and getting instructions for things like "how do I register a spring boot app as a service on ec2". Use it as another tool. It's really useful. It's like a great "code assist" tool.

phoenixtropicals, Aug 8, 2023 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I don't think AI will make many writers lose their jobs any time soon.

It may come to that in the future but in my opinion, AI has a lot of development in front of it before that takes place.

In the meantime, I see AI as a great timesaver for me in the research area. Keeping in mind that I do need to "fact check" because AI does tend to lie a bunch.

JoeSpirit, Aug 9, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. sms-activate

sms-activate Peon

Best Answers:
    GPT chat helps me a lot with my work by the way.

sms-activate, Aug 9, 2023 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I mostly use it for quick research on topics that I need superficial familiarity with. The trick, of course, is to know when it is lying...

jrbiz, Aug 9, 2023 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  15. GalyBlasty

GalyBlasty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    this is a reasonable way to reduce time costs.

GalyBlasty, Nov 20, 2023 IP
  16. bijutoha

bijutoha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The field of developing LLMs like ChatGPT is changing quickly, and it's hard to say what effects these technologies will have in the long run. But it's essential to know the pros and cons of LLMs and develop rules and protections to ensure they are used for good.

bijutoha, Nov 20, 2023 IP
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    That would certainly be ideal.
    Unfortunately there are those unscrupulous individuals who already use AI to prey upon the unwary. And I expect that will only get worse.

JoeSpirit, Nov 21, 2023 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    The new Chat GPT has both positive and negative implications. It has the potential to enhance online interactions and benefit industries like customer support. However, there will be a shift in job requirements, possibly leading to employment displacement. People who lose their jobs to AI may need to adapt and acquire skills for sectors that prioritize human expertise, empathy, and creativity.

GreenHost.Cloud, Jan 7, 2024 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.