1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which eCommerce platform do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Kim Hoseok, Aug 25, 2021.

1. ecommerce trends@123

ecommerce trends@123 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ecommerce platforms for use. It depends on requirements and size of business. If the business is large then use Magento because its best for large businesses. Shopify is best for medium level businesses and very trending platform now a days. BigCommerce platform is also a strong platform for all types of businesses. Best headless ecommerce platform.

ecommerce trends@123, Aug 25, 2022 IP
  2. LiubovPesotska

LiubovPesotska Peon

Best Answers:
    Enterprise eCommerce Platforms: Trends for 2022 read here
    Also PREL: EU Energy Label Explained – Connect With Gepard PIM

LiubovPesotska, Sep 19, 2022 IP
  3. NickEvans

NickEvans Peon

Best Answers:
    I work with BigCommerce for a long time. And for the better work I found different tools. One of them is bigcommerce odbc driver: https://www.devart.com/odbc/bigcommerce/. So you can try it also for the work.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    NickEvans, Oct 19, 2022 IP
  4. dorafloria

dorafloria Peon

Best Answers:

dorafloria, Oct 31, 2022 IP
  5. Shelly Du123

Shelly Du123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say TikTok

Shelly Du123, Nov 2, 2022 IP
  6. sasukin22

sasukin22 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have e commerce business I will help you. I can do GA4 setup by GTM, GA4 ecommerce tracking, Google ads conversion Tracking, remarketing, standard audit and reporting etc. The reporting will help understand the consumer's journey. Segmentation and remarketing of audience results enable you to make the perfect decision quickly.

If you want any service you can order here : https://www.fiverr.com/s2/3c46b5df4f

sasukin22, Nov 11, 2022 IP
  7. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is TikTok eCommerce platform ???? :oops:

seomanualsubmission, Nov 11, 2022 IP
  8. Anna Chubatiuk

Anna Chubatiuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend Shopify. It is now one of the best ecommerce platforms for small businesses with over 1,000,000 businesses among its users. Some of the advantages:

• Its simplicity and setup easiness
    • Many “Plug-and-Play” integrations
    • In-house payment platform Shop Pay
    However, I’d say you should consider company’s goals and choose the platform which will fit your criteria best. I suggest checking out this article here, there are more details on each platform - https://grinteq.com/blog/which-ecommerce-platform-would-james-bond-choose

You can check out the prices as well as advantages and disadvantages. Hope it’s useful!

Anna Chubatiuk, Nov 14, 2022 IP
  9. PeterGreene

PeterGreene Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you need to know about e-commerce beginners? The fact that you can make an application yourself, but it will take a long time and may end in failure. At least my self-confidence has decreased a little, and all because I did not get the desired result, working independently and from time to time asking for advice. That's why I invited myself to the e-commerce team project from Barwenock. Based on the reviews about them, they offer https://barwenock.com/services.html for any project in terms of complexity. All because the development of each employee is monitored by mentors. In this way, I am sure that everything we have planned will be done with quality.

PeterGreene, Nov 16, 2022 IP
  10. shaggymac

shaggymac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Much like a few others have mentioned. We have over 20 years ecommerce experience. Our journey went like this > static Paypal site > Zencart > Magento CE > Shopify. I really liked Magento, but we had a few extensions that would "break" our code. Shopify is really easy, but I feel like SEO is an issue and most good extensions are all pay to play. Shopify has lost its built-in Amazon integration and losing its eBay integration in Dec 2022. So after a few years, we are looking at platforms to make sure we are not missing any opportunities.

shaggymac, Nov 27, 2022 IP
  11. Netizens Technologies

Netizens Technologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are the 5 best eCommerce Platforms that can fulfill all online business requirements:
    • BigCommerce: BigCommerce boasts 60,000+ customers and 815+ employees. It is present in 150+ countries and has about 2500+ agency and technology partners. Truly dependable!
    • Shopify: Shopify supports over 800,000 businesses and has a clean-simple-elegant interface that makes setting up your store an effortless process. It offers 10 free themes, to begin with.
    • Magento eCommerce: This marketplace offers a variety of themes, numerous extensions, tools for marketing, catalog management, and SEO alongside strong security. It requires basic coding skills.
    • WooCommerce: This eCommerce platform provides great flexibility, multiple customization options, efficient extensions, a built-in blogging system, product sorting/rating, and good security.
    • PrestaShop: The key features of PrestaShop eCommerce are illimitable listings, item tracking, good SEO capabilities, out-of-stock alerts, accurate shipping estimation, email automation, and more. A large selection of free and paid modules helps extend store functionalities.

Netizens Technologies, Nov 28, 2022 IP
  12. Vanessa Green

Vanessa Green Peon

Best Answers:
    idk for me Amazon is perfect, it's easy to use and there're a lot of instruments that we can use to improve sales and earn more :oops:

Vanessa Green, Dec 9, 2022 IP
  13. MochiGroupNet

MochiGroupNet Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually we work with enterprise consultants (top down), they told us very specifically the platform is based around a metric called revenue per employee.

Websphere $800k
    Hybris $500k
    Magento around $200k
    Wordpress $50k
    Shopify $20k

All the other platforms like Bigcommerce fall somewhere between Wordpress and Shopify, with extra technology you can uplift a platform so that the same consultants redid the pricing system in Magento to make it work like Hybris and Webphere, dynamic product pricing based on user location with embedded cogs/profit/discount calculations in realtime, allowing $1mil revenue per employee, plus it had a fully automated supplier to product manager to Magento system which reduced workload by 10x to 100x, one of the sites had 100,000s of products.

The advantage of large product numbers, 10,000s or more, and large content posts, 1,000s or more, is that Google sees it as a corporate site and therefore when put on a cluster, is ranked and indexed alongside companies like Saks or WSJ, which that site was after just a month or two. The choice of a platform is simply how much effort do you want to put in manually, with Shopify it's all about your hard work, with Magento it's 50/50, and with Hybris it's all about the technology, which is why they adapted Magento to be Hybris and Wordpress to be Magento, the same automated product manager and load code connected with Woocommerce as well.

Our preferred was Magento 1.9x, but since Adobe took it over with 2.x, there's a story that the Magento team built 2.x specifically to sell the company to Adobe which was something like $300mil, the 2.x branch is a disaster trying to be Hybris but without rewriting any of the pricing or product management code, it still only has two currencies basis and it needs three, this is what the consultants code did, it added the third. The product manager is impressive, completely graphical which can automated process millions of supplier products per day, load 10,000s of new products per day, and updates 100,000s of products per day, all drag drop with cleaning snippets and mapping because the data from suppliers is beyond useless.

We are slowly moving more towards Drupal which kind of takes over from Magento, and with small sites Wordpress because they are just simple to deploy, they don't look as nice but they are simple.

MochiGroupNet, Dec 15, 2022 IP
  14. Netizens Technologies

Netizens Technologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Choosing an e-commerce platform depends on factors such as business size, budget, technical expertise, and desired features. Small businesses can opt for user-friendly and affordable platforms like WooCommerce or Shopify, while medium-sized businesses may prefer more customizable and scalable options like Magento or BigCommerce. Amazon is primarily a marketplace, so it's not recommended for businesses that want to build their own e-commerce website, but they can consider using Amazon Marketplace or Amazon Webstore for selling their products.

Netizens Technologies, Mar 29, 2023 IP
  15. JSMark

JSMark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is a powerful and flexible ecommerce platform that is designed for large businesses. It offers a wide range of features, including advanced product management, multi-store functionality, and a highly customizable checkout process. However, Magento requires a significant investment of time and resources to set up and maintain.

Shopify is a popular ecommerce platform that is designed for medium-sized businesses. It offers a range of features, including customizable themes, a built-in payment system, and a variety of third-party integrations. Shopify is relatively easy to set up and use, making it a popular choice for businesses that want to quickly launch an online store.

WooCommerce is a popular ecommerce platform that is designed for small businesses. It's an open-source plugin for WordPress, so it offers a lot of flexibility and customization options. However, WooCommerce requires some technical knowledge to set up and maintain, so it may not be the best choice for businesses without a dedicated IT team.

As for Amazon, it can be a great platform for businesses that want to reach a large audience quickly. However, it's important to keep in mind that Amazon takes a significant percentage of each sale, so businesses may not be able to keep as much profit as they would with their own ecommerce platform. Additionally, relying solely on Amazon can make it difficult to build a strong brand identity and customer base outside of the Amazon platform.

JSMark, Apr 9, 2023 IP
  16. Brittanyhomas

Brittanyhomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook
    Google

Brittanyhomas, Apr 15, 2023 IP
  17. LabrandoT

LabrandoT Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're running a large business, I've heard great things about Magento. It's supposedly one of the best platforms out there for larger businesses. However, if you're running a medium-sized business, you might want to consider Shopify. I've been seeing a lot of businesses use it lately, and it seems to be very popular. BigCommerce is also a strong option and could work for businesses of all sizes. I've actually recently migrated my e-commerce site to Magento 2, and it's been a great experience. I used a company called https://transformagency.com/magento-1-to-magento-2-migration/ to help me with the process, and it was a smooth transition.

LabrandoT, May 5, 2023 IP
  18. Wowcommerce

Wowcommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a web developer, some of the popular eCommerce platforms that I can recommend are WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce for your online ecommerce solutions

WooCommerce is an open-source plugin for WordPress, which means it's highly customizable and flexible. It's easy to install and use, and it offers a wide range of extensions to add more functionality to your eCommerce store.

Shopify is a cloud-based eCommerce platform that's simple to set up and manage. It offers a range of professional-looking templates, and it's suitable for small to medium-sized businesses.

Magento is a powerful open-source eCommerce platform that's highly customizable and scalable. It's suitable for large eCommerce stores that need advanced features and customizations.

BigCommerce is a cloud-based eCommerce platform that's user-friendly and easy to set up. It offers a range of features such as product customization, multi-channel selling, and SEO optimization.

As a digital marketer, some of the factors that I consider while choosing an eCommerce platform are SEO optimization, payment gateway integrations, mobile responsiveness, and ease of use.

SEO optimization is critical to rank higher in search engine results pages, and most eCommerce platforms offer built-in SEO features or plugins to help optimize your store.

Payment gateway integrations are crucial to accept payments from customers, and most eCommerce platforms support multiple payment gateways, including credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay.

Mobile responsiveness is essential because more and more people are using mobile devices to shop online. Therefore, your eCommerce store must be mobile-friendly and responsive to provide a seamless shopping experience.

Ease of use is another critical factor because it affects the user experience of your eCommerce store. You want your customers to have a smooth shopping experience, from browsing to checkout.
    Conclusion
    In conclusion, there is no one-size-fits-all eCommerce platform, and your choice depends on your business needs and goals. As a web developer and digital marketer, it's essential to consider factors such as customization, scalability, SEO optimization, payment gateway integrations, mobile responsiveness, and ease of use while choosing an eCommerce platform.

Wowcommerce, May 8, 2023 IP
  19. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Suggest you stop making a fool of yourself by using ChatGPT to post replies.

Agent000, May 8, 2023 IP
  20. Rena Smith

Rena Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Shopify: Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that offers a wide range of features and integrations. It's user-friendly and allows for customization of website design. It also offers a variety of payment gateways and has a large app store for additional functionality.

2. WooCommerce: WooCommerce is an eCommerce plugin for WordPress that allows businesses to create online stores. It's free to use, but businesses will need to pay for web hosting, a domain name, and a WordPress theme. WooCommerce is flexible and customizable but requires more technical knowledge than other eCommerce platforms.

3. Magento: Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform that is known for its flexibility and scalability. It's often used by larger businesses and enterprises due to its advanced features and customization options. However, it can be more challenging to use than other eCommerce platforms.

Rena Smith, May 9, 2023 IP