1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reintroducing myself after 15 years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ltn1dr, Mar 28, 2023.

Hey everyone -

I started creating content websites back when I was in high school in 2006-2007, and was luckily able to log back into my old DP account. I made decent amount of money back then from Adsense, YPN, and affiliate ads, but ending up selling most of those websites. I never got back into it, and ended up getting a job in corporate America.

Anyways, I’ve decided to come back to the webmaster world to try and bring in some extra income into my life and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Here are some questions for you veterans:

• What other forums/discord channels are good for people like me to join?
    • How has the industry changed in the past 15 years? I know mobile responsiveness is a priority, but are people still making money online?
    • What are your favorite ways of monetizing a content website?
    • How has SEO changed over the past 15 years? I presume I still need good content, h1 keywords, easy to navigate website, and strong backlinks, right?
    • Is there any advice you’d be willing to share?
    Thanks again all - looking forward to rejoining the community!

ltn1dr, Mar 28, 2023 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can't much help you, all I know is about writing, advertising, and real estate. In any event, welcome back.:)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 28, 2023 IP
  3. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have good knowledge of SEO ..... Some technique changes in link building remaining all things are about same in SEO like on page optimization according to keywords, avoid keywords stuffing ... I think 15 years ago off page is more important than on page ...... means if you want to rank website for any keywords then add them in title ..... Your body contents not containing any related keywords but site was ranking .... But now you need to add keywords carefully in body contents also otherwise off page is useless.

In link building few trending techniques are "Broken Link Building", "Manual Blog Outreach", "Skyscraper", "Link Reclamation", "Influencer outreach" etc.. Remaining other process are going on as in past like article marketing, press release distribution, social bookmarking, directory submission etc.. Just google for Advanced link building techniques and you will get all details.

seomanualsubmission, Mar 28, 2023 IP
    GreenGambler likes this.
  4. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm right there with ya! Used to be pretty good at SEO back in the early 2000's and am now working on it again for a new project. So-far it seems like riding a bike, just with a few new upgrades. Thanks for the tip seomanualsubmisson!

GreenGambler, Apr 3, 2023 IP
  5. Ziporal Morris

Ziporal Morris Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi there!!! It's great to hear that you want to get back into the world of webmasters.

Ziporal Morris, Apr 18, 2023 IP