1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Google will penalize ChatGPT articles?

Discussion in 'Google' started by eabuilder, Dec 16, 2022.

?

How Will Google Treat Auto-generated Content Blogs and Websites

Poll closed Jan 6, 2023.
  1. Same as manually written blogs if quality is the same

33.3%
  2. Get quickly on top, distinguish and penalize artificially written content

33.3%
  3. It will try to distinguish but it will fail eventually

33.3%
  4. AI generated content is unusable shit, why would one care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    What do you think about Google identifying new automated blogs as bot-generated content farms and penalize them? Considering ChatGPT looks more eloquent and sense-making than previous AI models for text generation, don't you think there will be a point where it will be hard even for Google to determine whether an article is manually or bot-written? Then the only way to penalize it would be strictly based on how the audience interacts with it and other measurable factors, like backlink quality and quantity...
    Do you think Google stands a chance with this if a blog only posts a decent number of articles per week?

eabuilder, Dec 16, 2022 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think quality AI content is still a couple years away. The one thing an AI can't convey is empathy in it's wriiting like a Human can.

One way Google will use to detect possible AI content is quantity and velocity at which the content is being produced. If all the sudden someone's posting hundreds more articles per month than normal that will be a red flag. I'd rampup slowly over time and create an Authors page with probably a dozen Author profiles.

With a lot more content online, that would make backlinks even more important. Just because there's more content, doesn't mean it's done properly or going to outrank what's already out there. If someone has poor on-page seo, they're just going to have lots more content of poor on-page seo.

kjh-08, Dec 16, 2022 IP
  3. eabuilder

eabuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Have only one thing to say about this.. have you ever tried out chatGPT? Watch some youtube videos with people testing it in all kind of smart ways to desover its capabilities (even better than GPT-3, though it's a smaller model, but more fine-tuned and specifically trained to match a human in conversation form, but it's able to write absolutely anything you ask from it).
    In a couple of years, AI content will be well ahead of humans in almost any domain and style of content, most definitely.

I think you're absolutely right about this. That's the easiest way to determine whether a blog/website has human written and approved content or AI generated one. Webmasters and marketrs would have to tackle the problem by building multiple tier websites and slowly adding content spread accross with different pen names, mimicking normal human activity.

Sure, but also, aside for external references measured in quantity, quality and diversification of backlinks, there's also the metrics that a google bot has over the REAL live user interaction on your website - and that's why if the content is really good, backlinks could add themselves naturally and Google would not care as long as users really benefit from your website.

eabuilder, Dec 17, 2022 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will definitely allow you to get Topical relevance quickly, which is a ranking factor. Yes, if the content is good then it would attract links naturally, which is why I say backlinks will still be important. Google will do whatever it takes though to detect and penailize sites using it. I learned long time ago that taking shortcuts don't last longterm, AI content will be no exception.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    kjh-08, Dec 17, 2022 IP
  5. Steve Johny

Steve Johny Peon

Best Answers:
    I see many programmers create tools that combine ChatGPT with Google, like: ChatGPT for Search Engines - Chrome Web Store
    It will only make Google stronger

Steve Johny, Dec 22, 2022 IP
  6. harrymaguire55

harrymaguire55 Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't know if google penalize chatgpt or not, but for now ChatGpt is available on google extension =)))

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chatgpt-for-search-engine/feeonheemodpkdckaljcjogdncpiiban/related?hl=en-GB&authuser=0

harrymaguire55, Dec 22, 2022 IP
  7. eabuilder

eabuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is nice..

eabuilder, Dec 27, 2022 IP
  8. Starmorph

Starmorph Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they will not necessarily penalize for it - but try to rank human created content higher. Unless the AI article is edited and is actually helping users solve their problems, has a high clickthrough rate, and a lot average page read time like Google wants.

Starmorph, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  9. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For a long time, Google has emphasized content written from a personal point of view. In this case, AI content being more pragmatic, it will not affect the algorithm.

thedark, Jan 6, 2023 IP
  10. khurramalvi

khurramalvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A ChatGPT is not harming Google in any way it is an alternative way to write the content. There are already websites like https://www.copy.ai that leverage AI chat and help content writers to produce quality content with less effort. Currently, Google might not differentiate between AI and manual content but in future, that might change. Only time will tell how Google will treat AI generated content.

khurramalvi, Jan 6, 2023 IP
  11. George_11

George_11 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I know google said it won't matter if the content is written by Ai or human written as long as its not made just for search engines, like it has to solve anything a user types as long as people follow that rule its fine.

George_11, Feb 3, 2023 IP
  12. skins4webs

skins4webs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I knew this was the question. Right now, they will not, but when a lot more content is being produced by it, they are obviously not going to prioritize. I mean, we are talking about some serious content being added to the internet that isn't of super high quality.

skins4webs, Feb 3, 2023 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ChatGPT has a long way to go before they catch up to Google. I asked it for a list of websites on "Keyword 1" and "Keyword 2" for which I rank #1 and #2 on Google. I didn't come up in their top ten on ChatGPT.

Jim4767, Feb 7, 2023 IP
  14. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google's algorithms are designed to prioritize high-quality, original content that provides value to users. If the articles generated by ChatGPT or any other AI model are deemed low-quality, lacking in originality, or are otherwise deemed not to provide value to users, they may be penalized by Google's algorithms.

knowledgeherald, Feb 11, 2023 IP
  15. Dr Doomain

Dr Doomain Peon

Best Answers:
    AI generated content is now officially allowed by Google, they say it here: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2023/02/google-search-and-ai-content
    However, the quality has to be good, whether it is AI or human written.

Dr Doomain, Mar 21, 2023 IP
  16. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It is enough to edit the written article and we no longer have to be afraid of punishment.

Gamerseo, Mar 21, 2023 IP
  17. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    kjh-08
    Have you seen the kind of articles chatGpt can produce?
    There's a post on stackoverflow blog, says, temporary policy chatGpt answers will not be allowed.
    Read the comment section in that post.
    Some users asked some questions to ChatGpt, and posted the answer in the comment, just for fun.
    It's impossible to figure out if a human wrote that or an AI tool.
    Empathy, logic, it's all there.

JEET, Mar 22, 2023 IP
    seomanualsubmission likes this.
  18. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some time i notice that ChatGPT is giving wrong answer also, but in very rare case .... So if you are reading generated contents carefully then i dont think there are any problem. ChatGPT give answer in very limited word, So according to me its very suitable for those person who has experience in related field and can add few more lines there to make article or contents more effective.

seomanualsubmission, Mar 22, 2023 IP
  19. eabuilder

eabuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    They won't be low quality for long, if you know WHAT TO ASK. Also, try GPT-4. Compare it with previous versions. Think about GPT-5.

eabuilder, Mar 22, 2023 IP
  20. m38967

m38967 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I don't understand about ChatGPT is how is it not going to be treated as dup content, because there are going to be many who simply copy and paste the content from the tool onto their existing or new blog.

m38967, Apr 24, 2023 IP