1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Severe decrease in site ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by baharbgz, Feb 20, 2023.

Hello, I am an SEO expert and we are working on a site that is in the field of iron and fences. This site showed a severe decrease in rank after we changed the server. Does anyone know what I should do?
    https://ahandepo.com/%d9%81%d9%86%d8%b3/

baharbgz, Feb 20, 2023 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you certain that is the ONLY change? A server negatively impacting ranking is rare, but not impossible. Very good chance your ranking will bounce back within a few days.

Oso Optimized, Feb 20, 2023 IP
  3. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Jest to raczej związane z innymi czynnikami.

Gamerseo, Feb 20, 2023 IP
  4. raksmart-hosting

raksmart-hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site has experienced a severe decrease in ranking after changing servers, there are a few things you can do to diagnose and address the issue:

1. Check for Technical Issues: Start by checking for any technical issues that may have been introduced during the server migration. This could include broken links, missing pages, or other technical issues that could affect your site's ranking. Use tools like Google Search Console to identify any crawl errors, and address them as soon as possible.

2. Check for Duplicate Content: If your site has duplicate content, it can negatively impact your search engine rankings. Use a tool like Copyscape to identify any duplicate content, and remove it from your site or modify it to make it unique.

3. Check for Broken Links: Broken links can negatively impact your site's ranking, as they make it harder for search engines to crawl and index your site. Use a tool like Broken Link Checker to identify any broken links, and fix them as soon as possible.

4. Check Your Site Speed: Site speed is a ranking factor, so make sure your site loads quickly after the server migration. Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to identify any areas where you can optimize your site speed.

5. Check Your Backlinks: Your backlinks play a critical role in your site's ranking, so check to make sure that they are still intact after the server migration. Use a tool like Ahrefs to monitor your backlinks and identify any that have been lost.

6. Allow Time for Search Engines to Reindex: Finally, it's important to note that it can take some time for search engines to reindex your site after a server migration. Be patient and allow time for the search engines to reindex your site and update their rankings.
    By taking these steps, you can identify and address any issues that may be negatively impacting your site's ranking after the server migration.

raksmart-hosting, Feb 20, 2023 IP
  5. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some common reasons:
    1. Algorithm updates: Google regularly updates its algorithms to improve the quality of search results. If your site was affected by a recent update, it may experience a drop in ranking.

2. Manual penalties: If your site violates Google's guidelines, it may receive a manual penalty that can cause a significant decrease in ranking.

3. Technical issues: Technical issues such as slow page load times, broken links, or other technical problems can negatively impact your site's ranking.

4. Content quality: Poor-quality content, duplicate content, or content that is not relevant to your audience can hurt your site's ranking.

5. Backlink issues: Low-quality backlinks or a sudden decrease in backlinks can cause a drop in ranking.

Daniel165, Mar 28, 2023 IP
  6. Stacey-kate

Stacey-kate Peon

Best Answers:
    Did your ranking come back? I was dropped heaps after last years Spammy Link update. The SEO company I was using was rubbish. I didn't use them for too long but by the time I picked up how bad they were it was too late.

Stacey-kate, Apr 4, 2023 IP
  7. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like your SEO company built many backlinks from spammy websites ... So, what you are doing now for that .... I think you should start work on disavow links to avoid google penalty and restore ranking like past. You should check your website content also because if your content is not unique, informative and according to keywords then also Google is dropping ranking. Nowadays many webmasters are facing rank drop issue and need to sort out it very carefully.

One more point i noted that if you are getting backlinks for any single page like home page only .... then its also not good SEO practice ...... Access of backlinks to any particular page only can hurt ranking ..... So try always to distribute number of backlinks for home page and inner pages for good result.

seomanualsubmission, Apr 5, 2023 IP