1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding keywords with spelling mistakes: Utilites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Selena-Quintanilla, Feb 2, 2023.

Hello SEO friends!
    Is it useful to take into account spelling mistakes to increase traffic in 2023?
    Some non-deliberate spelling mistakes appear in my Google search stats, so I wonder if it's worth digging into.
    According to the resources I've found online, it can be contradictory...
    Because it indicates to Google that the text is not of high quality and Google presents search results with proper spelling.
    What to do?
    put 3 to 10 keyword variants on a page with spelling mistakes?
    make a special page for these mistakes?
    insert them into the comment section?
    Thank you very much in advance!:)

Selena-Quintanilla, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting, and something I hadn't considered as an SEO. I DO however take advantage of this anomaly in PPC.

But if attempting this, I would limit it to one page as a test. Then you can quickly remove it should their be any negative results.

Oso Optimized, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It may still be considered as keyword stuffing. It will only cause the site to rank lower. Not a good plan.

qwikad.com, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  4. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will lower your content quality and users will start to unfollow you for this. And it is also a part of keyword stuffing. If you've made one or two spelling mistakes on one of your webpage then it is good. But if you add multiple words with the wrong spelling you gonna be caught for sure.
    So better would be not to do these kinds of things.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take this into account when the search volume for a misspelled word is significant and only add it once or twice in an article. I never include more than one misspelled word per article. If the misspelled query only gets a couple dozen searches a month then I don't bother including it.

Adding 3 to 10 misspelled words to a single article would have negative consequences. Low quality content scores bring down the whole site, not just the page with poor quality.

kjh-08, Feb 3, 2023 IP
  6. Selena-Quintanilla

Selena-Quintanilla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank all for precious answer!
    Ironically i made a mistake in my post,)
    I meant
    put 3 to 10 keyword variants AT THE END of a page with spelling mistakes?
    ( Not in the main article)
    Like this :
    "
    Common spelling mistake :
    Mistake 1, Mistake 2...
    "

Selena-Quintanilla, Feb 3, 2023 IP
  7. DigitalDubai

DigitalDubai Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, you should remember that Google tracks the keywords as word & track the different combination as well. If you keep it in your targeted keyword, it won't be a positive, as Google will trigger your site for the real & legit keyword that someone tried to type but misspelled it, Google will show the most relevant results which would be the nearest & almost same correct version of that specific query.
    If the audience sees such a thing, it is not good in terms of user experience, but SEO guys will understand why such keywords are being targeted. Better to avoid it using it openly.

DigitalDubai, Feb 3, 2023 IP