1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building Quality Links for Free

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by praetserge, Feb 1, 2023.

I know many will say it's impossible.
    But there are ways to build quality links for free but you have to work for them. So you pay with your time.
    Here are a few ways to get quality links:
    1. HARO links

HARO (Help A Reporter Out) is a platform that connects journalists and sources for the purpose of gathering information and quotes for news stories. It provides journalists with a large database of potential sources, and it provides sources with an opportunity to share their expertise and knowledge with a wider audience through the media. By responding to queries from journalists via the HARO platform, sources can earn valuable exposure and build their personal or professional brand.
    2. Blogger Outreach
    Blogger outreach is a marketing technique that involves reaching out to bloggers and influencers in order to build relationships and promote products, services, or brand awareness. The goal of blogger outreach is to have the bloggers write about or promote a brand or its offerings, which can help to reach a new and engaged audience. This is typically achieved by sending personalized emails to bloggers, offering them samples or exclusive access to products, or inviting them to events. Blogger outreach can be a cost-effective way to increase brand exposure and build credibility through third-party endorsements.
    3. Network Promotions
    Some networks like fiverr and seoclerks run promotions where you can get free coupons to buy links. You won't get much but it'll be enough to buy a few links.

praetserge, Feb 1, 2023 IP
  2. Markaje

Markaje Peon

Best Answers:
    "you miss this too"
    4. Guest PostingGuest posting involves writing content for other websites in exchange for a link back to your own site. This is a great way to get quality backlinks without spending any money. The key to success with guest posting is to ensure that the content is of high quality and relevant to the website you are writing for.
    5. Social MediaSocial media is a powerful tool for building quality links. By creating and sharing great content on social media sites, you can attract attention from other websites, which can lead to links back to your site.
    6. Online ForumsOnline forums can be a great way to build links. By participating in forums related to your industry, you can provide helpful information which can lead to people linking back to your site.
    7. Free Link ExchangesLink exchanges involve two websites agreeing to link to each other. This is a great way to get quality links without spending any money. However, it is important to ensure that the websites you are exchanging links with are relevant and of high quality.

Markaje, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  3. Jamie Henry Brown

Jamie Henry Brown Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Set up a different email for HARO campaigns though, unless you want your main to be spammed to death lol. HARO is great though. Nice one , OP.

Jamie Henry Brown, Feb 5, 2023 IP
  4. saadi123

saadi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google despises link exchange arrangements.

saadi123, Feb 5, 2023 IP
  5. Brian Ray

Brian Ray Peon

Best Answers:
    To get quality backlinks : Directory submission, sharing the document, guest posts, video creation & submission, use questions & answers sites, infographic creation & submission.

Brian Ray, Mar 5, 2023 IP
  6. Antonio Turner

Antonio Turner Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, a quality backlinks comes from quality websites and if you do not have any backlinks from those sites then you may lack of the quality of bacjklinks. Remember, you must create dofollow backlinks for your website. You've mentioned such backlinks but Guest posting and Social Media backlins are one of the quality backinks that any website should have. There are also many backlinks considered as quality backlinks, such as: Infographic submission, Forum posting, and Broken link building.

Antonio Turner, Apr 1, 2023 IP
  7. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    You need to find relevant and interesting blogs where you can insert links. Unfortunately, it's a long search.

Gamerseo, Apr 6, 2023 IP
  8. Gavin Anthony Wilson

Gavin Anthony Wilson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reminding me of the HARO platform, OP! I've been mostly focusing on maintaining a community where we exchange link insertion/guest posting opportunities on a favor-for-a-favor basis. Of course, I'm also doing cold emails campaigning and slightly contemplating if I should spend some funds on hiring a group of writers for a PBN of sorts...

Gavin Anthony Wilson, Apr 6, 2023 IP
  9. mariopepper

mariopepper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I often used to build forum backlinks so far. They are easy to build (it takes 1-2 hours to build a powerful & permanent backlink). ANd it's possibility to build many backlinks from different domains.
    The difference from outreach is that forum backlinks - are almost guaranteed result.

mariopepper, Apr 12, 2023 IP
  10. Softirina

Softirina Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good strategies, but they're hardly can be free.
    Thanks)

Softirina, Aug 10, 2023 IP
  11. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You're absolutely right! Building quality links without spending money is definitely possible but remember, in the world of link-building, quality matters more than quantity. So, investing your time in these strategies can lead to valuable connections and improved credibility. It's all about putting in the effort to reap the long-term benefits.

Petergoff, Aug 14, 2023 IP
  12. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://prnt.sc/6g40oH3q3n7E

What kind of backlinks do you sell?

Petergoff, Nov 14, 2023 IP
  13. BSLBSL

BSLBSL Peon

Best Answers:
    https://bslbattery.us/applications/golf-carts.html
    what can I do for it?

BSLBSL, Nov 14, 2023 IP
  14. Event King

Event King Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I ran a fairly large collection of websites eg: 5 in total at one time, and when linking was hot (way back in the early 2000's), it was great, with everyone doing it with ease, it really was like this:

You: Hey, great site, would you like a link?
    Me: Er, yeah, sure, you don't mind?
    You: No, no problem, happy to do it
    Me: Wow, great stuff and thanks a lot ok - here, let me link back, how does that sound?
    You: Brilliant, thanks a lot
    Me: No worries.

now, it's

You: Can I have a link as I was thinking we both own similar sites and it would be good for rankings.
    Me: Well, sure, but we have to ask for a fee as you'd be tapping into our traffic, you see.
    You: Er, no thanks.

Or it's

You: Can I have a link please?
    Me: We charge for that
    You: How much?
    Me: £200 for life/per year etc
    You: Can you do it cheaper
    Me: Na, afraid not as we won't really be making much from that as it is.

Or it's

You: Hi, let's swap links
    Me: Ok, how much traffic do you get a year?
    You: 2200 visitor a year
    Me: Lol, well, we get that per week, so we need a lot better than you're offering to make the swap equal.
    You: Oh, bugger.

The bottom three options result in no link at all - resulting in zero traffic, lost enquiries and zero sales, zero turnover and website always goes bust. The first option doesn't happen anymore (I got my last link swap in 2006) and never had one in the last 17 years, not one approach, and my site get's 250k visitors per year without further promotion work.

You have no option but to buy link space or watch your lovely website crash and burn.

Event King, Nov 15, 2023 IP
    Petergoff likes this.
  15. What is Cornhole?

What is Cornhole? Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny stuff! So you are saying the only way to get high quality backlinks is to pay for them? I get all the strategies of HARO and "make high quality content" blah blah blah and maybe that worked a while ago but it hardly seems practical now especially if it is not your full time job and you don't have infinite resources. What advice would you give to someone just starting out with limited budget and resources?

What is Cornhole?, Nov 16, 2023 IP
  16. Event King

Event King Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The issue is and it's a real big one, websites are not equal in traffic, content or exclusivity, so you get rejections, as the bigger sites don't want to give up their space for nothing, make sense yes. To start out, er, wow this is such a huge topic to tackle and to do this properly requires insane commitment from the wannabee publisher, most will find out how tough it is and get demoralised trying it. But to start, and I suggest taking little steps to reach the goals, ok, the easiest and cheapest method is the 3rd largest promotional activity - blogging.

The Idea

This is the No1 thing that is key to the entire success of any site ever. You need to have a minimum of a 60-70% certainty the idea will work or your wasting your time.
    You get this wrong and you will burn cash, effort and time for nothing - this is your money here, so no messing about ok.

Domain Name

This can work with a subject area keyword, or be a catchy name, either way it's very important, so keep it as short as possible, failing this keep it memorable as possible. Great short keywords are taken (unless you dreamt up a new niche), so catchy is best.

Content Building

This is the hardest part next to promotion. You got to get a ton of it to 'be something' and being the best at it is what you need, to be taken seriously and attract advertisers. Suggest you start with getting to 100 content pages and then work from there to 500 pages minimum before charging fees - you need to be 'big' and have quality, original content, well written, no errors and no copying under any circumstances. Do NOT stop there - keep on building, basically, you want a 5000 - 7000 page blog/site and even then it will be tough going.

Promotion

Or otherwise known as 'standing out'. You are a needle in a haystack, just like all the rest, and your journey will not be easy, as far as I know, there's no portals that aid in the promotion of blogs, as we got the search engines for that, and the social networks are all bunged up with wannabee minor celebs all trying to 'make it', the networks don't need any fresh content anymore, so it's pointless giving all yours away for nothing and making someone else rich off it. Er, think, thinky - ok, start with this:

1. Get the blog 'On-site SEO'd' to the max - a decent web guy will be able to do this easily.
    2. Use Youtube and Twitter, as it's video and text based - use Youtube for your main promotion content and Twitter to promote your channel (although Twitter kinda sucks in reality for this, but it's an extra link I guess).
    3. Your blog content will work naturally once you have a few hundred links, BUT, you must be aware your options for free links will be tiny, as again, people want money for their space.
    4. Guest blogging, free, but tough as above. You may get some for free so try it, but don't expect the world, at least not while your blog is new/young and small.

To be in a power position, you need to be content rich, you need to attract advertisers and nobody wants to pay for adverts on a low-level blog, obvious right.

5. Once you are being indexed by the engines, and you have about 50ish pages, you may find yourself being approached by freelancers about accepting guest posts. This is normal and many won't want to pay, but you keep going, just keep plugging away no matter what - this is what builds you up and what will make your site good. Remember - Content is King

6. 200 - 300 pages mark, now you can charge. Suggest you keep it low, at $200 per link and $300 per article as a one-time fee, as many posters will be young silly kid types all trying the web thing etc and all clueless on how it really works, all wanting to blast their posts out there. Just keep content building no matter what early objections you face - do it right and I promise things will dramatically change - it did with me and I ended up in the media for my work on the web and hundreds of clients.

7. A blog can see good results within 1-2 years effort, as it's more accepted as a link-dropping platform, mainly as everyone is doing the posting thing - it's more acceptable and is a huge trend. You want to be writing/posting articles on your blog at least 10 times a week = 480 articles by the end of year one - which isn't much compared to many websites currently, so think on that one, just don't think you're something in this world, you need to be realistic about this as it's not going to happen overnight.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    Event King, Nov 16, 2023 IP
  17. What is Cornhole?

What is Cornhole? Peon

Best Answers:

Wow, this is such a great response, I wish I had enough credits in this forum to post. While I knew it was very challenging, I did not expect the volume of content needed to "make it" to be so high. Posting 10 original pieces a week seems impossible for any subject but I suppose that is what it takes to stand out in the crowded sea. Thanks for painting a realistic picture and a top notch response on what it takes. Much appreciated and I have some lofty goals to set for myself now :).

What is Cornhole?, Nov 16, 2023 IP
  18. Petergoff

Petergoff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is HARO and how it works?

Petergoff, Nov 17, 2023 IP
  19. Event King

Event King Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the business world - to learn about a particular biz type - you have to own/operate in that biz sector, nobody is going to just give anyone a job dealing with top clients or teach something of amazing benefit for free in a multi-million business - they just aren't going to share their knowledge.

Too many people jumping on the bandwagon, all thinking they can make it with some re-hashed/copied idea - they cannot without that great idea. The idea is key to everything

The first website I ever put up was hmmm, really bad, and I knew it, trouble is too many kids are so blinded with 'fame' they are delusional, and this is fact, well just look at Instagram, it's genius:

1. Not only has it got the world thinking they'll all be famous
    2. It has them all promoting their handles for free, at the same time Instagram gets free promotion forever.

How many times a day, per hour, does Instagram get mentioned online - millions a day? Genius working off the desperation and effort of others - just genius. Well, it's exactly the same as free one-way links, thousands all posting madly thinking their content will display first - yeah right. But it is what it is right.

Event King, Nov 17, 2023 IP
  20. AdventurerCaravan

AdventurerCaravan Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating high-quality content that compels readers to share your blog URL is a crucial aspect of successful blogging.

AdventurerCaravan, Dec 14, 2023 IP