1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to catch domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Hrci, Jan 13, 2023.

Hey guys

Im new here. ;)

I wondering does anyone know diference between catching domain on dropcatch or catched?

Example,
    I follow some high DA domain name on experied domains net. which is pending for delete, and I backorder that domain on catched. But almost every time I missed domain and some other pick that domain without auction.
    Do you know why?
    Is dropcatch faster than catched service or must be some other way how to first pick domain.

Thanks for help

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Hrci, Jan 13, 2023 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Drop catching is all about power. Companies setup registrars which they use to try and catch the domain. DropCatch has the most registrars for drop catching in the com/net extensions, so they pretty much get anything they want. Smaller places like Catched are much less competitive and can only get what the big places (like DropCatch, NameJet, SnapNames) don't want. If there is an expired domain you really want in the com/net extension, backorder it through DropCatch.

DropCatch has over 1000 registrars in their arsenal. Catched is probably lucky if they have a dozen. Think about that and you can get an idea on just how much more power DropCatch has when compared to Catched.

FPForum, Jan 23, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  3. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think drop-catching a domain name is practically a race between you and others, I think you should take watch on DropCatch all time, then you will get a domain which is expiring soon.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 24, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  4. RockOn4

RockOn4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Drop catching is when someone registers a domain name that has recently lapsed from ownership by a person or company.

RockOn4, Jan 25, 2023 IP
  5. Leith Akira

Leith Akira Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you can register a domain name, you need to decide on the specific name you want to use for your website and then search the internet to see if that name is already in use. If you have found a name that isn't taken, you can buy the domain name through a registrar or a hosting provider once you have decided on it.

Leith Akira, Mar 12, 2023 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  6. Hrci

Hrci Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all reply.
    Does someone maybe know the fastest way than dropcatch.com? I successfully catch some domains I really wanted on dropcatch.com, but I also hear of the possibility to connect an IP address of some owner of a domain name, and catching their domain before drop catch. How do that? Do you redirect some of your domains to their domain or how? and also does someone know how to catch .hr domains? .hr extension is for Croatia, and we don't have a drop catch service for the .hr domain, but I wait for one strong DA domain last week and someone gets it at 04:30 am.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    Hrci, Mar 15, 2023 IP
  7. UpgradeIT.ro

UpgradeIT.ro Member

Best Answers:
    To answer your question, "dropping" a domain means that the current owner has failed to renew it before the expiration date. Once a domain has expired, it enters a grace period where the original owner can still renew it. If the original owner does not renew it during the grace period, the domain enters a "pending delete" status for a certain number of days, during which it cannot be registered by anyone.

After the pending delete period, the domain becomes available for registration on a first-come, first-served basis. This is where the drop-catching services come in. These services monitor the domain's release and try to register it as soon as it becomes available.

In terms of the difference between "catching" a domain on a dropcatch service versus a "caught" domain, a caught domain means that the dropcatch service was successful in registering the domain on your behalf. Meanwhile, catching a domain means that the dropcatch service attempted to register the domain but was unsuccessful.

The speed of a dropcatch service can certainly play a role in whether or not you are able to secure a domain. Some dropcatch services may have more resources and a faster system than others, which could give them an advantage in securing highly sought-after domains. Additionally, it's possible that someone manually registered the domain before the dropcatch service had a chance to do so.

Overall, the domain drop-catching process can be highly competitive, and there are many factors that can influence whether or not you are able to secure a particular domain.

UpgradeIT.ro, Mar 15, 2023 IP
  8. Dr Doomain

Dr Doomain Peon

Best Answers:
    When you are trying to dropcatch a domain, register for all the services available, and you will only have to pay to the one that actually caught your domain. This is how you have the highest chance of catching aparticular domain.

Dr Doomain, Mar 22, 2023 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. Hrci

Hrci Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all replys..its help me a lot. ;)

and also does someone know how to catch .hr domains? .hr extension is for Croatia, and we don't have a drop catch or backorder service for the .hr domain, but someone always catch high DA domain immediately in milisecond.
    I read on some forum that you can doo if you use api on croatian registar only.

What do you think?

Hrci, Apr 22, 2023 IP
  10. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you do not know about the back order service, someone may have the private deals with the registrars. You may find through the whois request, which registar has catched the domains, which you wanted. By the way, certain places have the exclusive auctions for the expired (expiring, pre-release, and so on) domains, if you will win such domain there, then this domain will not be released, and its date of registration will be preserved.

Artisan, Apr 22, 2023 IP
  11. raksmart-hosting

raksmart-hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer your question, "catching" a domain refers to the process of registering an expired domain name that is about to become available for registration again. There are various services and techniques used for catching domains, including drop catching and backordering.

Drop catching involves using specialized software or services to register a domain as soon as it becomes available for registration after its expiry. The advantage of drop catching is that it allows you to register the domain as soon as it becomes available, without having to compete with other potential buyers in an auction.

Backordering, on the other hand, involves placing an order with a registrar or a backordering service to attempt to register a domain name as soon as it becomes available. This process is usually done in advance, before the domain actually expires.

In terms of the differences between the two methods, drop catching is generally considered to be faster and more effective, as it involves using specialized software or services that can register domains as soon as they become available. However, drop catching can also be more competitive and expensive, as you may be competing with other buyers who are using similar techniques to try to register the same domain.

Backordering, on the other hand, is usually less expensive and less competitive than drop catching, but it also tends to be less effective, as there is no guarantee that you will be able to register the domain as soon as it becomes available.

Overall, the best way to increase your chances of catching a high DA domain name is to use a combination of both techniques, and to be prepared to compete with other buyers who may be using similar strategies to try to register the same domain. Additionally, it is also important to act quickly and to have a backup plan in case your initial attempts to catch a domain are unsuccessful. For more information, please check domain provider Raksmart.

raksmart-hosting, Apr 22, 2023 IP