1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Promotion

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mangusts, Jan 2, 2023.

?

Usefulness of the information

1. useful

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. useless

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
    Hi!
    I've been doing SEO for a few years now.
    I decided to start a blog in which I will present my vision of SEO.
    There are no contacts on the site right now - so this is not an advertisement for the site.
    How much do you agree with the content of the blog articles?
    https://alexandrisaenko.store/en/category/seo

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    Mangusts, Jan 2, 2023 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    didn't trigger the google translate service for me, I'll take another look later.

sarahk, Jan 2, 2023 IP
  3. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:

mayazir, Jan 2, 2023 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd remove /category/ from your URL structure as it's not helping your SEO. If you're using WP there's a plugin that will remove the generic /category/, then use a real category in it's place. Ex. /seo/on-page-factors instead of /category/seo/on-page-factors Where SEO is actually the category.

kjh-08, Jan 3, 2023 IP
  5. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    And social profiles? That's what I'd be interested in.

Gamerseo, Jan 3, 2023 IP
  6. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The niche you are going to target has plenty of information and articles on the web so it would be a little difficult to write on the already-written topics.
    You need to make some changes in the URL structure as kjh-08 mentioned above.

Personal preference: .store extension looks a little weird to me as you are going to write about SEO not selling anything like plugins or products.

Sumit_Singh, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is another site where honestly I wouldn't even get as far as the content before I bounce. Absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts forces me to zoom in 200% (as a 20px/larger default size user, aka the target audience for EM/REM), but the illegible colour contrasts like white on bright green, light grey on white, makes a lot of the controls and informational sections useless.

And that's before we talk the gibberish heading orders and general lack of logical document structure, mated to a reek of failing to understand how to use semantics for the best accessibility.

Though having no clue what language that's in I wouldn't be able to speak to the content anyways... but if I were to gauge your SEO skills based on how the site itself is built? Well, I'm reminded of what Matt Cutts told us decades past:

"Write for the user, not the search engine"

In that way, the code of that site is an utter and complete /FAIL/. Though that's quite common with off the shelf turdpress templates and the complete and utter incompetence that brings to the table. What with idiocy like this:

<header id="masthead" class="site-header clear">

<div id="primary-bar" class="clear">

<div class="container">

<nav id="primary-nav" class="main-navigation">

</nav><!-- #primary-nav -->	

<div class="header-search">
    					<form id="searchform" method="get" action="https://alexandrisaenko.store/en/">
    						<input type="search" name="s" class="search-input" placeholder="Search..." autocomplete="off">
    						<button type="submit" class="search-submit"><span class="genericon genericon-search"></span></button>		
    					</form>
    				</div><!-- .header-search -->

</div><!-- .container -->

</div><!-- #primary-bar -->	

<div class="site-start clear">

<div class="container">

<div class="site-branding">

<div class="site-title-desc">

<div class="site-title">
    							<h1><a href="https://alexandrisaenko.store/en">SEO &#8211; AlexandrIsaenko.store</a></h1>
    						</div><!-- .site-title -->	

<div class="site-description">
    							??????????? ?????? ? ????????? ????????						</div><!-- .site-desc -->

</div><!-- .site-title-desc -->

</div><!-- .site-branding -->	

Code (markup):
    Doing the job of...

<header id="top">
    		<form id="searchform" method="get" action="/en">
    			<fieldset>
    				<label>
    					Seatch for:
    					<input type="search" name="s">
    				</label>
    				<button>Submit</button>
    			</fieldset>
    		</form>

<h1><a href="/en">SEO &#8211; AlexandrIsaenko.store</a></h1>
    		<p>??????????? ?????? ? ????????? ????????</p>

Code (markup):
    Basically three times the markup needed to do the job. Thus why by the time you figure in all the rest of the turdpress rubbish, you're blowing 48k of markup on delivering 2.2k of plaintext and five content media, not even 10k of HTML's huffing job! Mated with the typical turdpress incompetence of 290k of CSS in a dozen files when no site like this has any business of more than 48k of CSS per media target (not counting offsite webfont embeds) and the utterly batshit 928k of JavaScript in a dozen files on a page that near as I can tell doesn't even warrant the PRESENCE of JavaScript? AT MOST maybe 12k of the stuff in one file?

/FAIL/ at basic sitebuilding. Though most of that isn't you, it's the platform you've chosen.

deathshadow, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  8. Larkolag

Larkolag Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest it doesn't look very simple and useful, just change your theme and it will be more beautiful. I believe you will be successful

Larkolag, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  9. khurramalvi

khurramalvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are several ways you can improve the traffic to your blog website organically:
    1. Publish high-quality, original content that provides value to your readers. This will make it more likely that your content will be shared on social media and other websites, which can help drive traffic to your blog.

2. Optimize your blog's content for search engines by using keywords in your titles, headings, and throughout the body of your posts. This will help your blog rank higher in search engine results pages, which will increase the visibility of your blog and drive more traffic.

3. Use social media to promote your blog and share your content with a larger audience. This can include sharing your posts on your own social media profiles and joining relevant groups or communities where you can share your content.

4. Engage with your readers by responding to comments and promoting your blog on other blogs and websites in your industry. This can help build your reputation and drive traffic back to your blog.

5. Make it easy for readers to share your content by including social media buttons on your blog. This will make it easy for your readers to share your content with their own followers, which can help increase your blog's reach.
    Remember that improving your blog's traffic organically takes time and consistency. It's important to be patient and to keep trying new strategies to see what works best for your blog.

khurramalvi, Jan 7, 2023 IP