1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you plan a blog post?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FarrisFahad, Dec 5, 2022.

I am wondering how other webmasters plan their blog posts.

I personally do the following ...

1. Find a problem where I can provide value.
    2. Research the problem to understand different solutions.
    3. Write the blog post.
    4. And keep coming back to improve the blog post as the website age.

What is yours?

FarrisFahad, Dec 5, 2022 IP
  2. norfa

norfa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to write about that, which people are desperate to know about.

norfa, Dec 6, 2022 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you give examples?

FarrisFahad, Dec 6, 2022 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    99% of my content is "informational" intent. I don't do the popular thing of starting with the least competitive/low search volume queries. I go after the highest competition/highest search volume queries. My goal is a huge site, traffic, reveune and in very broad niches.

After a highly searched query is picked, I then write better - more in-depth content than any of my competitors. Google has a Patent called "information gain score", which basically means when someone see two competing documents (articles) for a query, which one provided more information. Google gives each a score and you want to be the document that provided more in-depth information than the other. You also need better on-page SEO than competitors (old sites 10+ years are doing SEO the old/outdated ways).

To rank well for these highly competitive queries, I need to become the Topical Authority on the subject. So, I'll create 10-20 supporting articles on the topic or as many as needed and internal link them to each other. One article on a topic/query, is why many won't rank for it or they'll need lots of backlinks to it if it's competitive.

Ex. Me and a competitor have an article about a specific Dog Breed. We both cover all the same sub-topics, but my article also covers the average lifespan of the breed, common health conditions and diet. My article would get a higher "information gain score" by having additional information above what my competitor included. This doesn't take into account the other on-page factors, but if they were equal, the information gain score would give you the edge to outrank them.

kjh-08, Dec 6, 2022 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  5. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I start with a tool like Spyfu and build blog content around these keyword phrases. I'm in a niche market, so each blog is directly related to the theme of my website. I try to blog once a day, but it's always not possible due to time.

Randall Magwood, Dec 22, 2022 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well in many part the same like you and i focus as much on the article to make it as best as i can for seo ,readability etc
    After that i move to the next keyword

Spartan14, Dec 23, 2022 IP
  7. nyyter

nyyter Peon

Best Answers:
    Well in numerous portion the same like you and i center as much on the article to create it as best as i can for seo ,coherence etc After that i move to the an other keyword.Iwrite a blog on furniture,kids enjoyment etc.

nyyter, Jan 8, 2023 IP
  8. mark43

mark43 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's a good idea the way you wrote it.

mark43, Jan 8, 2023 IP